Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tortoise owners ...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lou

Lou

Tortoise owners ... Empty
PostSubject: Tortoise owners ...   Tortoise owners ... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:30 am

Have any of you tired the Tortosie pellets i have Rigsby on a weed diet and i have ordered some seeds for the winter as i wont be hibernating him .. as he is too tiny and his breeder advised against it , she does not hibernate any of hers .... just wondered if they were any good ?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Tortoise owners ...   Tortoise owners ... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:44 am

I used to use pellets alongside fresh veg, flowers and grasses that I gave to my Pringle Lou. Sometimes you have to add just a liitke touch of water.

The can provide some of the nutrients etc that may be missing if you can't provide them with a certain weed/flower for example
There are different pellets available in different flavours too... Dandelion flavour yum yum!

Just make sure that it's the right pellets to suit that breed as their needs can be so different. Not all pellets will be for all breeds you see.

Have you asked your breeder what she uses?

xoxox
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Tortoise owners ...   Tortoise owners ... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 10:46 am

She feeds total weed diet but im worried he wont get what he needs in the winter she isnt opposed to pellets but wondered what everyone else thought ... thanks Mel .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tortoise owners ...   Tortoise owners ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tortoise owners ...
Page 1 of 1