Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iori - The Little shy boy

Go down 
+11
Nikki
fionac
tayer
A M Y
Lou
Leanne
Botty31
Snufflehogs
christinelevis
Melody
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 10:58 pm

I've just had him out for 10 minutes, he's a little purrer! I'm not sure how much he's eaten, biscuit wise and his mealworms are still there too bless him. I'll let him settle a couple of days.

I'll have more time with him tomorrow xx

xoxox
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:01 pm

Aww, bless him. You're doing a great job. Hope he realises he's getting proper food now and starts eating more soon.xx
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Awww, bless his cotton socks! He sounds like a little darling! x x
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 6:15 am

Will tke a little time but you will bring him around Mel x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 7:56 am

Once he settles he will be fine - he isn't a hissy popping ball of spines just a little unsure and if you had seen what he had been kept in, so would you - just a pile of sawdust and a little rag to sleep under - now he has sheer luxury and the addition of our Mad Mel xx
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 10:56 am

Aww, he's like a hoggie king now. :)xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 10:59 am

King Hog of the Rescues
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:04 am

Hehe, he's living the good life now.:)x
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:49 pm

Good thing too - poor little fella. He must've been terrified. x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 2:42 pm

It makes me so sad .. that peole treat animals this way ... looking forward to hearing how he develops .x
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 5:03 pm

Every time I read something sad like this I have to go and snuggle Hercules for a bit. I don't think he minds, hehe! x
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 5:22 pm

Aaaah but it's not sad any more Mel, he is going to be well loved from now on Very Happy

xoxox
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 5:33 pm

Absolutely! Very Happy x x
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:58 pm

This little fella has some way to go yet. He's slowly but surely coming out to say hello, but really isn't quite so sure about what he thinks is going to happen to him. He is so tiny and light.

Since I've had him, he hasn't eaten much biscuits (I don't think he's eaten any to be honest) and hasn't even been enticed with some meal worms. He's had the same amount in the bowl now untouched.

However, he does eat up all his chicken and sweetcorn. So at least he has something in his tummy.

From what I know, he was only fed biscuits and lived in a cage with just sawdust and a bit of cloth. Because of this, I'm going to assume that he was only fed cheap cat biscuits - These are the only thing that Puddin' will eat (Asda's own variety called 'Tiger') I'm going to try him on this cheaper variety and see how he goes.

He comes out each night for exercise / playtime and tries to find somewhere to hide, he is so shy.

On the night that he's had a full night out, the signs are all there that he's had a good wheel away and poops in the right places (Kitchen roll and wheel).

The same goes for each night he is in his zoozone.

Cuddle times - he just stays in a ball for some time, then his nose (which is always wet) comes out sniffling away. He is going to take some time, but however long it takes will all be in his own time.

As Pammie and Fiona went to collect him, they have given him the name of Iory (pronounced ee-or-ee). Fiona says he is just like Emo and there is the story that Mr Emo Mustachi has a little follower who is called Iory... Hence the name Very Happy

I'll let Fiona explain the story better Very Happy

I'll take some extra photies of Iory tomorrow and pop them up Very Happy

xoxox

Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:07 pm

It sounds like he's going to need oodles of love and patience, poor little man. Fingers crossed he will start to eat some mealies and biscuits soon.

x x Smile
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 10:09 pm

I hope so Mel. He's having chicken again tonight so at least I know he's getting something. I've tried mixing the biscuits in, but they just aren't being eaten. His dish is all cleared, apart from his biscuits and mealies....

Lets see how the cheap ones go down Very Happy

xoxox
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:06 pm

Oh dear, sounds even more like Emo at the moment. Hope he'll eat more, I know you're doing everything possible, so I know he'll be gobbling up the right food as soon as he's ready with your help.xx
Hehe, Iori was a boy adopted by miyamoto musashi and trained to be a swordsman like him. He took him everywhere and gave him a home. He reminds me of Emo a lot, and as I gave Emo the name musashi, when asked by Helen and Pammie to suggest a name, my first suggestion I decided wasn't right so offered Iori. Smile. So that's the story behind that. Hehe. I think it sounds cute, and the sound of 'ee-or' in it makes me think of the donkey from winnie the pooh and how he sits on his bum, which the little boy did when we got back to mine tol meet Mel for her to pick him up. Just like Emo does, with paws out, nose out, but half ball position, with sad little face. Very Happy.xx
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Awww, I'm sure once he gets used to being loved he will have a happy face! He deserves all the love in the world after such a terrible start in life. xx
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:18 pm

Definitely, when he realises how much love and care he's getting from Mel I'm sure he'll have a smile. :)xx
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 11:23 pm

Definitely! I'm sure he will soon learn that he is safe and loved with Mel, then he will start to relax a bit fingers crossed. x x Smile
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 11:09 am

he sounds like a lovely little boy he will come around .. without a doubt he is very young not too .x
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:52 pm

He's such a tiny little boy. A cute one too Very Happy

xoxox
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:40 pm

He is absolutely gorgeous, I am, sure he will be less shy in time.

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Well his new story now begins ...x
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 9:21 am

Iori, spent the night out last night. This was his first time having an all nighter. He seemed to enjoy the extra time for play as his toys were at different places and he's been wheeling a pooping away. He was fast asleep in his little fleece when I went into check him this morning Very Happy

My only concern is his eating, he'll clear his chicken and veg every night but does not seem to be eating his biscuits and hasn't touched any of his mealworms since I've had him. I've left him for 3 days without any chicken in the hope that he'll try some biscuits but he really as only ate a couple. I now have him on the same 'cheaper' biscuits as Puddin', he has eaten a couple but I'm not confident that he likes them totally. I've weighted him since I've had him and his weight has dropped slightly so I'll not be missing out the chicken and veg anymore as he's only a tiny little hedgehog as it is.

He does remind me of how my Ernie was when I first got him and it was almost 2 weeks before he would eat. Time and patience is still being served daily for little Iori.

xoxox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iori - The Little shy boy    Iori - The Little shy boy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iori - The Little shy boy
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next