Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Bathroom

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

The Bathroom Empty
PostSubject: The Bathroom   The Bathroom Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 3:50 pm

When you are choosing a litter pan, make sure that it is easy to clean. Do not purchase anything that is porous, as it will only begin to smell after a few uses. If you use a plastic pan, make sure that it is a coated plastic.

The ideal size is a 12 inch square box. You also want to make sure that there is a inch depth so that the hedgehog can get into the litter box easily but is able to cover the waste after he goes.

Litter boxes can be filled with a number of different types of litter, however, it is recommended that you avoid clumping or clay kitty litter since that can lead to health problems in your hedgehog due to the clay causing impaction.

To keep your hedgehog's litter box fresh, use about 2 tablespoons of baking soda every time you clean the litter box. It will help keep the smell down on the box.

Make sure that the litter box is as far from the food and water dishes as possible.
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

The Bathroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bathroom   The Bathroom Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 4:11 pm

i use kitchen towel and change it daily also have used wooden cat pellets in the past.

and my litter tray is directly under the wheel as most hedgehogs will use their wheel as the litter tray and the pan collects the waste, at the bottom.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

The Bathroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bathroom   The Bathroom Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 12:57 am

I do the same as you Tayer. I have the Larry's wheels with the litter tray included.

I use 3 squares of kitchen roll per hoggies tray Very Happy

xoxox
Back to top Go down
luvlylillaurz

The Bathroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bathroom   The Bathroom Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 1:34 pm

I have tried paper towel but found that Thistle will wee in it and then move the paper towel, wee again and sit in it. I don't want her to have to sit in it so we are using wooden cat litter which is better.

x
Back to top Go down
http://www.ornate-squamates.co.uk
Sponsored content

The Bathroom Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bathroom   The Bathroom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bathroom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum :: Health, Care and Habitat :: Hedgehog Housing & Environmental Enrichment-
Jump to: