Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deadly spiders .x

Go down 
+3
hoggyhugs
Gaga
Lou
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lou

Lou

Deadly spiders .x Empty
PostSubject: Deadly spiders .x   Deadly spiders .x Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Irrational Fears

Spiders strike fear into the hearts of millions of people the world over. People both young and old suffer from arachnophobia, yet for the most part this is an irrational fear based on nothing more than implication. There are many species of poisonous spider yet the vast majority of these eight legged creatures are harmless. However, a very small percentage of spider are very dangerous and do actually pose a threat to humans.

Most people think of tarantulas or black widow spiders when they think of dangerous and poisenous spiders. Another well known one is the funnel web spider. But which of these spiders really are dangerous? This is something that many people worry about. So now we will have a look at the top five most deadly poisonous and venomous spiders known to man. After reading this article you should know just what to look out for if you do come across a rather dangerous looking spider.

The Brazilian Wandering Spider

This deadly spider sits proudly at the top of our list. Thought to also be one of the world’s most aggressive spiders, the Brazilian wandering spider can deliver a seriously strong batch of poison to it’s prey. The wandering spider uses it’s two large fangs to deliver the venom and bites on humans can often prove fatal if not quickly treated. These spiders grow up to 15cm and are one of the largest venomous spiders in South America. Often found residing on the floor of the jungle the wandering spider has a reputation for being found in banana plants. This spider often ends up finding it’s way into crates of bananas and then hitching a ride to a variety of destinations all over the world. For this reason the Brazilian wandering spider is often known as the banana spider, but it also has the names spawn of Satan and the armed spider. Wandering spiders live in South America and are responsible for several deaths each year. This is one thing you do not want to see next time your looking over a crate of bananas

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Australian Funnel Web Spider

One of the largest and most terrifying poisnous spiders to be found anywhere in the world the Australian funnel web spider is the second most poisonous spider on the planet. This real brute of a creature can grow up to around 5cm for the body and a fair bit bigger for the legs as well. The funnel web spider has two impressive fangs often measuring over a centimetre in length, these can pierce the skin of most creatures and the poison delivered is extremely potent. If left untreated a bite can kill a human in around fifteen minutes. The funnel web spiders are native to southern Australia and like to find cool dry spots under rocks, in rotten trees or under piles of brush wood. This is one spider you don’t want to find hiding in your bathroom.

The Black Widow Spider

Probably the world’s most well known spider, the Black Widow sits at number three in our countdown of deadly spiders list. These creatures live all over the world although they tend to reside in warmer climates. The male black widow spider is not overly dangerous, it’s the female that poses the biggest threat to humans and other animals. At around 5cm these are only relatively small spiders yet they pack a mighty punch when they bite. Even though these have a deadly reputation bites are rarely fatal. The only deaths you really hear about when bitten by a black widow are ones where the victim already has poor health or somehow has a bad reaction to the poison. These spiders are often found under rocks, in drainpipes, gutters and under piles of logs. So despite it's deadly repuation the Black Widow is not as venomous as some people may assume, still though certainly a spider to be wary of.

The Red Back Spider

Very closely related to the Black Widow and quite similar in appearance. The Red Back has a comparable strength of poison to it’s cousin but these spiders are not as widely spread. A native of Australia the Red Back spider is quite commonly seen around out houses, basements, closets and around bins. Again this spider rarely causes death when it bites humans but it has been known on rare occasions to produce fatalities. These spiders are very recognisable by the red stripe they have running down the length of their backs, for this reason they are often called jockey spiders. So again not a nice spider to bump into as it does have a nasty batch a venom and can still be classsed as a very poisonous spider.

The Brown Recluse

Last but by no means least on our list is the Brown Recluse spider. Native to north America these spiders are quite shy as suggested by the name. However if you disturb one of these and it feels in danger it will not hesitate to bite. The poison delivered by the brown recluse is very rarely fatal, however it can cause a wide range of symptoms ranging from paralysis to vomiting. Often known as the violin spider or fiddleback spider, they can sometimes be found inhabiting cellars, barns, closets, wood piles and anywhere else dry and warm. Although this type of spider only grows to about 5cm but is still one to be avoided if at all possible due to its nasty venom and poisonous reputation.

So although the vast majority of spiders are harmless to humans there are certainly ones that do pose a real threat and can be seen as very poisonous spiders. The fact is though that these only inhabit small parts of the world and unless you live in one of these areas the chances of you coming into contact with one of these is minimal at best. These spiders on our list are pretty nasty if you bump into them, but for most of us we will probably never come across one of these dangerous little creatures
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Gaga

Gaga

Deadly spiders .x Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly spiders .x   Deadly spiders .x Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 6:59 pm

im not even glancing at the content in here sorry puke puke puke
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Deadly spiders .x Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly spiders .x   Deadly spiders .x Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 7:03 pm

lol .. its actually really intereesting Jakeo x
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

Deadly spiders .x Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly spiders .x   Deadly spiders .x Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 7:11 pm

i dont want a heart attack though Razz xx
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

Deadly spiders .x Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly spiders .x   Deadly spiders .x Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 4:18 pm

I have a tarantula and she is lovely, unfotunatley though I know they are not all like her LOL!!

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Deadly spiders .x Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly spiders .x   Deadly spiders .x Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 4:20 pm

dont like big spiders braver then me Jo x
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

Deadly spiders .x Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly spiders .x   Deadly spiders .x Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 4:22 pm

Bless you Lou. My Fluffy is just like her name suggests a ball of fluff ad she will just sit on my hand. I have also let children handle her and she has always been a sweetie.

Hugs

JO x
Back to top Go down
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

Deadly spiders .x Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly spiders .x   Deadly spiders .x Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 10:01 pm

I'm glad I live where I do.....we don't have many poisonous anything here!!!
Back to top Go down

Deadly spiders .x Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly spiders .x   Deadly spiders .x Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 8:42 am

Many poisonous????
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Deadly spiders .x Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly spiders .x   Deadly spiders .x Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 10:53 am

All deadly I believe Helen x
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

Deadly spiders .x Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly spiders .x   Deadly spiders .x Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 2:36 pm

aww, one of my mates went to south america and they were taken on a walk out into the rainforest and saw I think they were the brazillian wanderers. they were huge things and she said the guide shone the light first and there were some fairly big spiders, which he said were babies, then he shone it back there again and a massive thing appeared from the hole...mm apaprently! =) hehe
think i had a black widow on my toilet window when i first went to south africa. was talking to it, cos i was staying there alone, on a game reserve, and when i described it to a friend who works in the museum's natural history center, when i got home, he said it sounded like a black widow. Only little and didn;t seem too bored by my conversastion. less than most people anyhow, haha. lol!
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Deadly spiders .x Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly spiders .x   Deadly spiders .x Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 2:37 pm

Blimey Fiona black widow the most poisonous spider there is good job you didn't sit on it lolx
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

Deadly spiders .x Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly spiders .x   Deadly spiders .x Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 2:40 pm

haha, I almost went to tickle it. Glad I didn;t now.x Very Happy I am a bit stupid at times. it was my friend and roommate. haha.
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

Deadly spiders .x Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly spiders .x   Deadly spiders .x Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 3:04 pm

I talk to spiders too so I think this is really sweet. You must have to be so careful when you are in a hot country, I would be wary because of the possibility of getting bitten, not because they make me feel creepy.

The Australian Red Back I believe is another naughty spider (I don't know if he is part of the Black Widow family) , you must have to check every where quite often if you share living space with them.

Yes Fiona love, they are great listeners and you will always remember your little room mate LOL!!

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

Deadly spiders .x Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly spiders .x   Deadly spiders .x Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 3:17 pm

they are scarey
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

Deadly spiders .x Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly spiders .x   Deadly spiders .x Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 3:34 pm

hehe, i do Jo. Bless him. Was a bit nervous of going for a walk out there though, as they told us all about the black mambas and how they will chase you, and how the day before I arrived there had been one in the kitchen, haha. was a little bit nervous of being bitten, as lovely as i think they look. =)x
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

Deadly spiders .x Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly spiders .x   Deadly spiders .x Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 3:56 pm

I have heard how unpleasant the black mamba can be Fiona love, I believe there is a green Mamba too and they are both pretty moody. Yes they are nice looking it is such a shame they are so grumpy, especially when they are cheeky enough to go into peoples' houses LOL!!

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

Deadly spiders .x Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly spiders .x   Deadly spiders .x Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 4:10 pm

Yeah, apparently they are the only snake that will actively go after you. Most will try to get away, but they will stand their ground and come after you if you run. Haha. Mind you, I was tolds the most feared animal in Africa was the 'honey badger'. Apparently it instinctively knows the most sensitive part of anoher animal. So, a lion it will go for the throat, ands a human, for between the legs! Haha. I suspect there was some exaggeration from the park staff there!x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deadly spiders .x Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadly spiders .x   Deadly spiders .x Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deadly spiders .x
Page 1 of 1