Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

abcess in anal glands

Go down 
+3
Melody
sue caldwell
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sue caldwell

sue caldwell

abcess in anal glands Empty
PostSubject: abcess in anal glands   abcess in anal glands Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi Has anyone had thjis problem with their dogs, came home to a terrible mess after work and one poor mini schnauzer. vet says quite common , Rosie looks very sorry for herself and i must admit i did panic abit when came home. just wondered if anyone had heard of this before
sue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: abcess in anal glands   abcess in anal glands Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 2:14 pm

Jack had his anal glands squeezed once as they were full - not sure if this is the same - never happened to him since but oh the smell when they emptied them - gross!
Back to top Go down
sue caldwell

sue caldwell

PostSubject: Re: abcess in anal glands   abcess in anal glands Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi Helen
are you feeling any better? hope so. Yep think its the same thing only this had built into an abcess that burst all over kitchen floor, thought they had been injured by somehting when i got in. she ;looks better already and pain relief helped alot but have taken her vets twice this week and back next tuesday. have seen pams thread re Paco what a shame, you get so attatched to ur pets they are like family
sue x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: abcess in anal glands   abcess in anal glands Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 2:19 pm

I feel awful - cannot get into the doctors as no appointments and duty doctor said it is a virus and if no better by monday to ring again!!

Totally agree with you about pets being part of the family - horrible to see any of them in pain xx
Back to top Go down
sue caldwell

sue caldwell

PostSubject: Re: abcess in anal glands   abcess in anal glands Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Oh you got lots of sympathy there then, did they not give any advice on pain relief or anything?lets hope if its viral you will be picking up by the weekend . keep warm no good saying rest as its impossible with animals x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: abcess in anal glands   abcess in anal glands Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 2:26 pm

Passed out with the amount of sympathy!! Dosing myself up on robitusin and paracetamol - lots of water and fruit sweets to help the dry throat!

Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: abcess in anal glands   abcess in anal glands Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Hi Sue, I don't envy you having to come home to this, the poor pooch too. It may be that she may have to get her anal glands emptied regularly now. If you feel up to it, and it became too regular, you could even ask your vet to teach you how to do it...

Rubber gloves and nose pegs at the ready Very Happy

Helen, I agree, there's nothing worse than the smell of anal glands, whilst working in the vets, top smells would be 1. Anal Glands and 2. the sweet smell of a big Tom Cat!

xoxox
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: abcess in anal glands   abcess in anal glands Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 4:04 pm

I have never heard of squeezing a doggies anal glands .. oh lord .

Hope she is ok .. Sue .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
zombiewoman

PostSubject: Re: abcess in anal glands   abcess in anal glands Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 5:46 pm

Helen hope you feel better. We have the same type of thing going around here too. I am started to feel better but earlier in week was bad. Yesterday was Thanksgiving here and half family had virus and half had stomach flu. Yes anal glads are just gross but some dogs can empty once and some it becomes a regular event. Feel for you Sue.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Qute-Quillz/318392471572041
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: abcess in anal glands   abcess in anal glands Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 6:08 pm

i have heard of it...im ure buck rabbits need it doing too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: abcess in anal glands   abcess in anal glands Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 6:27 pm

Not nice thought x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Botty31

Botty31

PostSubject: Re: abcess in anal glands   abcess in anal glands Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 7:47 pm

I used to have a dog that suffered with his anal glands and got sick of taking him to the vets so the vet showed me how I could do it myself at home. I must admit it wasn't pleasant but got used to it after a while, I think it is a common problem x
Back to top Go down
sue caldwell

sue caldwell

PostSubject: Re: abcess in anal glands   abcess in anal glands Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 4:38 pm

looks like may be giving james herriot a run for his money in future! ha ha
perhaps my groomer might do it will ask as she comes to the house regularly
sue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: abcess in anal glands   abcess in anal glands Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Shall send you a peg!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: abcess in anal glands   abcess in anal glands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

abcess in anal glands
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum :: Pets Corner :: Small Pets-
Jump to: