Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Combat and Courtship

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Combat and Courtship Empty
PostSubject: Combat and Courtship   Combat and Courtship Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You've only got to look at the number of Christmas cards depicting robins to realise that the popularity of this little bird is as strong as ever. Fortunately there's plenty of them about too. In a poll of UK Safari readers 95 per cent said they had a robin regularly visiting their garden.

Late December is the time of year when male and female robins start to pair up. Both sexes look very similar, and this can cause some confusion - even amongst the robins!

An unmated male, singing in his territory, is aggressive towards any intruding robin, even if it's a female trying to win his affections. If the intruder is another male, the resident robin will either retreat or see off the trespasser. If it is a female seeking a mate, she has to keep on approaching the male until eventually she is accepted. This can take several hours! It's not easy being a robin.
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: Combat and Courtship   Combat and Courtship Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:27 pm

I love robins so does my oldest son there his favorite bird Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Combat and Courtship   Combat and Courtship Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 8:59 am

I haven't seen one for years x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Combat and Courtship   Combat and Courtship Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:35 am

you havnt seen a robin?
they are always bobbing about in our garden...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs

PostSubject: Re: Combat and Courtship   Combat and Courtship Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 12:18 pm

I love them xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combat and Courtship   Combat and Courtship Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Combat and Courtship
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum :: Pets Corner :: Other animals-
Jump to: