Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Hedgehog Orphans

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

The Hedgehog Orphans Empty
PostSubject: The Hedgehog Orphans   The Hedgehog Orphans Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:31 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

One morning Henrietta a two week old hedgehog was found wandering by an RSPCA Inspector and was brought to Summerhill.

We deal with a lot of their cases and our wildlife nurse Alex was soon hand-rearing Henrietta with pipettes of milk fed every two hours. She was too young and underdeveloped to live in a cage so was placed in an incubator recently purchased just for this purpose!

The following day, Spike came in to join Henrietta – found in the same spot.

And again, the next day Tilly was brought in. We think the three hedgehogs were part of the same family group and that Mum probably suffered an accident and did not return to rear her babies. Henrietta Spike and Tilly are doing well and will be released shortly into a large semi-wild garden to ensure that they have a safe environment to explore and feed until they are big enough to fend for themselves back in the wild.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: The Hedgehog Orphans   The Hedgehog Orphans Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Sad about there mammy.They are sweet and pleased they were found and saved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hedgehog Orphans   The Hedgehog Orphans Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 2:56 pm

So many in trouble this winter - such a shame and all the more reason to raise awareness about their troubles.
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: The Hedgehog Orphans   The Hedgehog Orphans Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 2:57 pm

I dont think alot of the public would stop to help a hedgehog they just carry on driving or walking.which is sad really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Hedgehog Orphans   The Hedgehog Orphans Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:22 pm

There are some good ones about - just wish there was a few more x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: The Hedgehog Orphans   The Hedgehog Orphans Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:48 pm

Glad they ok .. sadly people will just walk on by are a few good ones out there .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: The Hedgehog Orphans   The Hedgehog Orphans Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:12 pm

I think its just an Awareness thing it needs putting out there! so people know what they can do.
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: The Hedgehog Orphans   The Hedgehog Orphans Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 4:30 pm

Oh bless. A few years ago when I lived in Telford a little hoggie was running around an island in the middle of the road. I pulled up and after having to fight to et across the road to reach him, I picked him up and I took him to the vet who said he had did as a result of his injuries later on when I called,

What maddens me is that no one else bothered to stop.

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hedgehog Orphans   The Hedgehog Orphans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hedgehog Orphans
Page 1 of 1