Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

‘Hedgehog lady’ says thanks for help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

‘Hedgehog lady’ says thanks for help Empty
PostSubject: ‘Hedgehog lady’ says thanks for help   ‘Hedgehog lady’ says thanks for help Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 2:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A WOMAN who runs a hedgehog hospital from her York home says she has been “inundated” with equipment after an appeal for help in The Press.

Retired DIY store section manager Wendy Aitken, of Osbaldwick, would like to thank all those who donated unwanted rabbit or guinea pig cages or hutches to help house her growing collection of hedgehogs after an appeal at the end of last month.

She said: “The phone just hasn’t stopped ringing, it’s been brilliant and I’m at the stage now where I can’t take any more and am actually having to recommend other people that might want them instead.”

Among the more unusual items donated was a stethoscope which she can use to monitor their health.

Wendy said: “A medical student got in touch to say she had bought a new one and I could have her old one for the hedgehogs and her dad came round and dropped it off.”

As The Press previously reported, Wendy, 52, took early retirement through ill health and turned her attention to setting up her own hedgehog hospital at her bungalow in Moorlands Close.

Over the past four and-a-half years she has earned herself a reputation locally as the “hedgehog lady”, rescuing dozens of the animals. She currently has about ten hedgehogs on her books, some of which are being cared for by friends.

Wendy said: “People’s generosity has just amazed me and I’d like to take the opportunity to say how grateful I am to everyone who has helped me over the past few months. It’s very much appreciated.”
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

‘Hedgehog lady’ says thanks for help Empty
PostSubject: Re: ‘Hedgehog lady’ says thanks for help   ‘Hedgehog lady’ says thanks for help Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:29 pm

Aww this is lovely ... a postitive story x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

‘Hedgehog lady’ says thanks for help
Page 1 of 1