Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Children's 'hedgehog football' game is condemned

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Children's 'hedgehog football' game is condemned Empty
PostSubject: Children's 'hedgehog football' game is condemned   Children's 'hedgehog football' game is condemned Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Children as young as 11 are using hedgehogs as footballs in Axbridge.

The beastly practice was condemned by town councillor Pauline Ham after one group of children were caught in the act.

A passerby confiscated the hedgehog which ultimately ended up with expert carers but later died.

Mrs Ham claimed there had been two other cases of “hedgehog football” and told Axbridge Town Council at last week’s meeting: “I’m lost as to the mentality of anyone, any age, who thinks that’s a good game.

“I’m concerned that it’s not considered wrong. I appeal to parents to instil respect in to their children towards all living things.

“Hedgehogs are a protected species and this is just not an acceptable way to behave. If we discover who is responsible there will be consequences.”

Hedgehogs should be hibernating at this time of the year. If they are seen out and about during daylight hours then something is wrong as they are nocturnal.

One such case garnered national headlines for Prickles Hedgehog Rescue of Cheddar when it was called in to free one of the prickly mammals from a crisp packet in Weston-super-Mare last month.

The celebrity hedgehog, now called Crispian, has his own blog – crispianhedgehog.wordpress.com – where the hog who blogs ponders on such issues like do hedgehogs have tails and the dangers of milk.

Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Children's 'hedgehog football' game is condemned   Children's 'hedgehog football' game is condemned Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 3:50 pm

I remmeber seeing something about this not so long back ... what is happening to the younger generation i hope my girls never do anything like this i would be ashamed of them x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: Children's 'hedgehog football' game is condemned   Children's 'hedgehog football' game is condemned Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 7:39 pm

Gobsmacked
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: Children's 'hedgehog football' game is condemned   Children's 'hedgehog football' game is condemned Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 3:22 pm

Not only is it wrong it is sick and disgusting, I cannot believe it is happening. I shall worry about this now.

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Children's 'hedgehog football' game is condemned   Children's 'hedgehog football' game is condemned Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 3:40 pm

OMG!!! What is up with people today. I know for absolute certain that my son would go mental if he saw someone doing that. Are parents not teaching their children anything? The first thing a child should learn is love and respect, not just towards people, but to animals too. I hope I never witness such a thing because I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of those responsible if I did!
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Children's 'hedgehog football' game is condemned   Children's 'hedgehog football' game is condemned Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 3:52 pm

I think caring for animals should be a must for all children - too sad that things like this happen x
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: Children's 'hedgehog football' game is condemned   Children's 'hedgehog football' game is condemned Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 12:27 pm

I have been worried about this all night, Little b.......s!!! If only I could choose how to deal with these people young or otherwise.

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Children's 'hedgehog football' game is condemned   Children's 'hedgehog football' game is condemned Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Children's 'hedgehog football' game is condemned
Page 1 of 1