Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what do you think?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gaga

Gaga

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 11:15 am

joined a group on facebook for toy breeds & chihuahua's and i was gunna advertise on there but after reading their rules they say that pups should be sold at 10 weeks

i am selling at 8 weeks... like literally everyone else

after posting and asking why its 10 weeks for them.. someone said that toy breeds dont develop as fast, which i have learned from college that smaller breed dogs grow faster and reach adulthood at 1 instead of 2 years old.

they seem that its best for them to be older when they leave because they learn from mom, which fair point yes they will learn, but those extra weeks could have been spent bonding with the new owner, plus the mom's get sick of having them around like poppy is so i just couldnt imagine selling at 10+ weeks

what do you guys think?

sorry for the rant lol!

also i got poppy at 6/7 weeks old and i think it did her good having that bonding time from a younger age! xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 11:31 am

Tough one as people always seem to have a opinion on what someone else deems ok ..bit like the hogs ..It may take you longer to find the right home anyway Jakeo so play it by ear .. if you sell one and you think that its eating ok and independant of mom then 8 weeks why not ?? if your not sure take a deposit and hang on another two weeks
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Gaga

Gaga

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 11:35 am

i think if they are independent and feeding well they should be fine to go, thats exactly what i think, but if they need the extra week or 2 then they should be kept with you. The post turned into a bit of a bitch fest so im not even gonna comment again haha xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 11:55 am

I hate that .. people have to much to say sometimes .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Botty31

Botty31

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 11:58 am

Aaaww jake u seem to always get conflict on Facebook and forums , everybody does things differently but someone people have strong opinions and stick by them and don't want to listen to other opinions . If you think they are ready at 8 weeks and eating well I wouldn't worry to much . I have had all my dogs at 8 weeks and never had a problem with them . You will know the puppies better than anyone :-) x
Back to top Go down

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 12:26 pm

Jack was sold to me at six weeks! As long as they are eating and are fit and healthy, eight weeks should be fine x
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 12:29 pm

well we got Rolo at 7 weeks as he was eating and drnking fine. to be honest i think its personal preference.And another point is puppies have first injection at 8 weeks and second at 10 weeks dont they so if people keep them until 10 weeks do they pay for first injection.
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 12:36 pm

will definitely stick to my guns at 8 weeks (as long as they are fine) or if they have homes! i think selling them any later than 9 weeks is just weird, you miss out on bonding time and as gem says thats before they have first injections, totally agree with you too jo, people dont budge with what they think. xx
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 12:42 pm

yeah you stick with what you are doing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what do you think?   what do you think? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what do you think?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum :: Pets Corner :: Small Pets-
Jump to: