Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HOUSE A DISABLED HEDGEHOG.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

HOUSE A DISABLED HEDGEHOG. Empty
PostSubject: HOUSE A DISABLED HEDGEHOG.   HOUSE A DISABLED HEDGEHOG. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A blind Hedgehog.
By Epping Forest Hedgehog Rescue.

The majority of Hedgehogs treated at a rescue or by a carer make a full recovery and are therefore able to be returned back in to the wild.

However, there are a handful that will remain in care where they can be monitored when they do not make a full recovery. This is often the case with blind Hedgehogs or those that have had an amputation. Such Hedgehogs are disabled and thus cannot be returned to the wild as they are at risk of being killed or maimed by a predator.

Carers and rescues need people to offer a suitable place for such Hedgehogs to be housed. You will need to provide the following:

an enclosed garden
food and water on a daily basis
a Hedgehog house
ensure no predators or hazards are within the garden
plenty of cover and undergrowth
give checks on a regular basis

In addition, many disabled Hedgehogs are elderly with very few teeth. Thus struggle to eat natural food and will require 'sloppy' cat or dog meat in order to survive.

Remember: with the right conditions and care, a Hedgehog can live for up to 6 - 7 years. Therefore, they are a great responsibility to take on.

HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE:

If you believe you can help house a disabled Hedgehog, please contact your local Hedgehog rescue or carer for more information on this as well as other ways you can help out.
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: HOUSE A DISABLED HEDGEHOG.   HOUSE A DISABLED HEDGEHOG. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 1:28 pm

aww, wish I had a garden.
Back to top Go down
horsy

horsy

PostSubject: Re: HOUSE A DISABLED HEDGEHOG.   HOUSE A DISABLED HEDGEHOG. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 3:04 pm

Wish I could help but garden open and get hedgehogs so I do my best . Last year took 2 young hogs to be cared for they were just to small to survive , this year any that are not seriously ill or injured will over winter myself .
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: HOUSE A DISABLED HEDGEHOG.   HOUSE A DISABLED HEDGEHOG. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 5:28 pm

I would love him.

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOUSE A DISABLED HEDGEHOG.   HOUSE A DISABLED HEDGEHOG. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOUSE A DISABLED HEDGEHOG.
Page 1 of 1