Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Personality Trait

Go down 
+2
Lou
6 posters
AuthorMessage

New Personality Trait Empty
PostSubject: New Personality Trait   New Personality Trait Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 6:19 pm

We have often being told that there are different personalities to our hoggies, but found this description today which I have not come across before.

"Loners"

These hedgehogs are perfectly content to be left alone. They are happiest in their cage at night, running around without being bothered. While they likely won't be totally offended by being handled, they much prefer to keep their own schedule and regard you as the "food, water, and clean-cage giver" only.

A hedgehog's personality may depend on several factors. The main contributor would be handling. A hedgehog that is used to being gently handled, frequently, is often far more friendly than one that is never handled, or is handled with gloves, or in an intimidating manner. The hedgehog's mother personality likely contributes to how comfortable the baby is with humans as well.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: New Personality Trait   New Personality Trait Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 6:22 pm

I think Brillo is a bit of a loner ... although he does let Meme handle him ... we think he does perfer to be left alone ..
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
sue caldwell

sue caldwell

PostSubject: Re: New Personality Trait   New Personality Trait Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 8:55 pm

i think this might be errol, if i didnt get get him out i would never see him at all. he will tolerate me in order to get mealies x
Back to top Go down
emdools

emdools

PostSubject: Re: New Personality Trait   New Personality Trait Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:08 pm

Squiggs was a bit like that. Didn't like being handled and was perfectly content to run around in the play pen.
Back to top Go down
http://pricklycrafts.webs.com/
sue caldwell

sue caldwell

PostSubject: Re: New Personality Trait   New Personality Trait Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:25 pm

errol just hides in his pen under the liner
Back to top Go down
horsy

horsy

PostSubject: Re: New Personality Trait   New Personality Trait Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 4:04 am

Sounds like Felix lol although he will settle and sleep on my knee Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sue caldwell

sue caldwell

PostSubject: Re: New Personality Trait   New Personality Trait Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 9:59 am

yep that sounds like errol x he will sit for hours on your knee never moves x
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: New Personality Trait   New Personality Trait Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 4:54 pm

Some of it sounds very much like Lewie too.

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Personality Trait   New Personality Trait Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Personality Trait
Page 1 of 1