Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Helping Hand for Leanne xx

Go down 
+8
sue caldwell
zombiewoman
christinelevis
Snufflehogs
gems
Leanne
Gaga
12 posters
AuthorMessage

A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Empty
PostSubject: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 3:47 pm

Leanne contacted me a couple of weeks ago to ask if we were able to help out with her hoggies - at first we thought that we would be able to help out by offering "holidays" whilst Leanne and her hubby were visiting her father-in-law who is poorly.

In the end, as her hubby is more than likely due to be re-posted to Northern Ireland later in the year, Leanne asked if we were able to find homes for Bambam, Tintin and Pebbles.

This has been an extremely difficult choice for Leanne and her family and I know much soul searching has been done to be able to make the final decision but I respect and admire her for putting her hoggies first.

After a quick call with Melody, it was agreed that I would take Tintin and she was take Bambam and Pebbles - both of us then had the same thought that Melanie would be an ideal candidate for Pebbles as she had expressed more than an interest in helping out as a foster mum.

After another quick call to Melanie, to ask if she would like to foster Pebbles, we made arrangements to collect Leanne's babies this Saturday just gone.

A huge thank you to Leanne's hubby for driving up closer to us due to a multiple vehicle pile up on the motorway which help us up for almost two hours!

A massive huge thank you to Leanne, who not only trusted us with her hoggies but also with their homes and all their accessories so that they would have everything then need in their now foster homes - and I mean everything, good job we hired a van!

Melanie collected Pebbles when we arrived home as it was better for Pebbles to get settled in with her foster mum ASAP - even after the long day they all had, they were rather relaxed about it all.

Tintin ate straight away, Bambam (who is with me until Mad Mel comes back from her holiday) went straight under his liners and Pebbles had sniffs and cuddles with Melanie.

It was so nice to walk into the dining room on Saturday evening and see Tintin and Bambam out wheeling away, food bowls have been cleared both nights and both have settled in well as I know Pebbles has with Melanie.

Leanne, thank you for trusting us with your hoggies, we promise to keep you updated and for me, you will always be their mum xxx

Last edited by Nellie on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:01 pm

And here are their homes all set up xx

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 5:38 pm

aww so sorry Leanne, but at least they will get lovely homes just as they had with you and you will have updates xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Leanne

Leanne

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Thank you Helen, this was an extremely hard decision for me to make but had to put my hoggies first.

Helen I can't thank you enough for finding homes for them all and for meeting me to collect them. I know they've got fab homes and that gives me lots of comfort.

I'll still be around on the forum and will be kept updated on my babies. I miss them dreadfully but to know all 3 have settled so well makes it easier.

Thanks again Helen you are a very genuine special lady xxxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 6:05 pm

Leanne, anytime you are near me you are more than welcome to come and visit Tintin xx
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 6:55 pm

sorry to hear this Leanne but you have the comfort to know they have great homes.xx
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:08 pm

Just abut to get Pebbles out now. She is settling in really well. She hasn't eaten quite as much as I'd hoped she would, but she is eating, drinking, wheeling away and using her tray which is different from the one she had with Leanne, so I am very impressed with how well she is doing. She cuddles for a bit, then remembers she is grumpy and sets herself of popping and clicking again, bless her, but I think she quite likes me.

I am so very grateful to Leanne, Helen and Melody for trusting me with her care. We are all very smitten with her! I'm very excited to have my first foster hog. I needed a challenge and Mrs grumpy knickers is certainly going to be that, lol!

boing
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:11 pm

I have a Bambam e\ting my nightie!
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:23 pm

aww great update mel xx
Back to top Go down
Leanne

Leanne

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:29 pm

Thank you mel, she's a challenge alright lol very lovely though:) glad to see she's settling in well.

Helen bambam loves to chew on things and annoint:) bless him xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:30 pm

Not kidding - my sofa has just taken a battering!!! Just grabbed some photos for you will get them uploaded x
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:37 pm

great they are all settling in well
Back to top Go down
christinelevis

christinelevis

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:40 pm

Sorry to hear this Leanne, but glad they have fabulous foster homes Smile xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.christinelevis.co.uk
zombiewoman

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:45 pm

Sorry to hear Leanne, but know they are well taken care of and will find wonderful homes. Please keep in touch with us through the forum. Lisa
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Qute-Quillz/318392471572041
sue caldwell

sue caldwell

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 8:21 pm

aw glad all got homes and at least leanne can keep in touch x
Back to top Go down
Elaine67
Elaine67

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 1:10 pm

Hoping the move works out for you all.

Keep in touch.
Smile
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 4:11 pm

I am so sorry Leanne love, what a tough decsion. We are all here for you if you need us.

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 4:35 pm

A very hard decision to make and I respect Leanne for making it.

Melanie is continuing to bond with Pebbles, Tintin has made himself at home with me and Bambam has gone to his forever foster mum Mad Melody xx
Back to top Go down
Leanne

Leanne

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 5:19 pm

Thank you, it was a very tough decision Jo but put my hoggies interests first and all 3 have gone to excellent 5 star homes and can't thank Helen enough for helping me at this hard time xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 5:20 pm

No thanks needed Leanne - none at all xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 5:25 pm

Happy ending all round Very Happy x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 4:27 pm

I hope you are OK my darling.

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 1:25 pm

so sorry to hear this, but lovely to know they have gone to lovely homes and you'll be able to keep updated and visit them.x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Helping Hand for Leanne xx   A Helping Hand for Leanne xx Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Helping Hand for Leanne xx
Page 1 of 1