Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(

Go down 
+4
janey
tayer
Lou
dobbyhog
8 posters
AuthorMessage
dobbyhog

dobbyhog

HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Empty
PostSubject: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:24 pm

Hello all!

Our hamster Rambo has been showing signs of aging, his ears are flat when they used to be big and up, his eyes are squinty when they used to be bright and huge!

hes lost sooo much weight, his skin looks dry and his willy seems to have turned black, ive only just noticed this...
anyone got an idea? I cant get to the vets tonight Sad

really worried! xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:35 pm

Aww sorry Sam i no nothing about Hamsters everyone we had .. died really quickly so i never got them for my kids .x i no you had him a while .. hope he is ok but all i can recommend is the vets ..x sending (((hugs)))
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:44 pm

i think they start going bald when they're old and on their way out.....sorry sam Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
dobbyhog

dobbyhog

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:46 pm

Sad thats kind of what I thought! Sad poor little bugger, he is 18 months old I was just hoping that maybe someone knew some magic Sad xxxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Awww sam so sorry thought they lived longer than that.mine went bald and couldn't move before my mum put him out of his misery Sad xx
Back to top Go down
janey

janey

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:51 pm

Aww Sam, they say Hamsters can live up to around 18 months, so sounds like he just has old age, sending hugs xx
Back to top Go down
dobbyhog

dobbyhog

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:51 am

thank you Sad I couldnt check on him this morning, last night richi was in tears when he was holding him, I know it sounds daft talking about a hamster like that but we love him so much Sad I stood and listened by his house this morning but I just couldnt bring myself to open the lid...

Hes a fabulous little fella with the craziest personality, Ill post some of his awesome pics soon, I dont want to take a photo of him for the way he looks now, hes such a tiny little old man Sad xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
janey

janey

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:48 am

Aww Sam, sending hugs, when you love animals doesn't matter if it's a Hamster or a dog it still hurts just as much xx
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:13 am

Oh Sam, sorry to hear this. I felt the same when I notice any of my boys (Rats) starting to age. I was so used to having them for 3-5 years about 20 years ago and now they seem to only live 18 months-2years. It's very very sad when we lose any of our pets. I completely agree with Janey.

Big hugz
xoxox
Back to top Go down
dobbyhog

dobbyhog

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 11:23 am

awww thankyou so much, Ive been speaking to someone at work about him and he thinks that it could be cancer, specially the way his willy has gone black and said to just make the most of him and it should be quick Sad

its so nice that everyone here understands, people laugh and say oh its just a hamster but its not, hes a living creature who has made us and specially richi so happy xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Aww sorry to hear this Sam .. it cant be easy for Richi .. ..x
Back to top Go down
dobbyhog

dobbyhog

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:34 pm

hes really upset about him, we keep checking just to make sure hes still here, hes shaking a lot now and is wobbly on his feet, I dont want him to suffer much longer xxxx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:45 pm

Doesn't matter what size a pet is they are loved .. no matter what and i have seen the pics of Rambo and Richi and you can see how much he loves him .x
Back to top Go down
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Awww Sam....I know what you are going through...wasn't that long ago that we had 3 Hamsters....we lost 2 through old age....but Burst was not that old...we buried them in the garden...they have stones over them with their names painted on!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 7:35 am

Awww sam I know how you feel my hamster went bold blind and used to drag himself around so we had him put to sleep and they thought it was cancer as he had to black mole things ((hugs)) to u both Sad xxx
Back to top Go down
dobbyhog

dobbyhog

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 12:52 pm

thank you all, I showed richi this thread last night and he was so touched, he doesnt want him put down, he said whilst hes still coming out and drinking etc he wants to make the most of him, hes really upset, he was like this when we had mice, caboose died in his arms and he sobbed for two days over him

so strange the bonds we can get with such tiny animals but they are worth all the heart ache xxx
Back to top Go down
dobbyhog

dobbyhog

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:31 am

hes still fighting on but looks so weak, all his private parts are now soaking wet.. wet tail I think it is Sad

This morning he could barely walk straight I want him to go to the vets now and get him out of his misery.... its so sad xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:39 am

Sending Hugs Sam - you have to do what is right for him, wet tail is not nice xx
Back to top Go down
dobbyhog

dobbyhog

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:53 am

thank you helen Sad I dont want him to suffer anymore, hes moving like a stop motion animation, Ive left richi a note asking him to please take him to the vets, but its his decision, I just pray he makes the right one xxxx
Back to top Go down
softandspikey

softandspikey

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:08 am

Sorry to hear about your Hammy,Sad

x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 10:49 am

Awww Sam i think Richi will make the right decision ... xsending hugs ..x
Back to top Go down
dobbyhog

dobbyhog

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:26 pm

thank you all, spoke to richi after the incident at lunch, he said hes still going but very shaky.... poor little bugger xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(   HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP! I think my hamsters poorly :(
Page 1 of 1