Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can Shadow have his wheel ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tanzi

tanzi

Can Shadow have his wheel ? Empty
PostSubject: Can Shadow have his wheel ?   Can Shadow have his wheel ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:34 pm

I just wanted some advice if it was OK to put his wheel in his viv for him, he is almost 8 weeks and I have a critter cribs wheel that has no treads on it, the inside is totally smooth I think it's called a bucket wheel but I have read so many different things about yes it's alright and no he is too young, I have read on here that most people think it's fine but just wanted to check......
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Can Shadow have his wheel ?   Can Shadow have his wheel ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 6:59 pm

we had a huge discussion about this a while back and we agreed it is fine to give them wheels before the recomended 12 weeks so you should be fine Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Can Shadow have his wheel ?   Can Shadow have his wheel ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:03 pm

Thanks that's great, should I put it in his playpen for a while to see how he gets on with it or jst put it straight in his viv x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Can Shadow have his wheel ?   Can Shadow have his wheel ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:18 pm

every one has different opinions....most UK owners say 12 weeks....US owners havnt an age limit and say if the wheel is recommended size then it doesnt matter.

personally i give a wheel in playpen time....till they are about 9 weeks old...coz i dont want them losing their weight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Can Shadow have his wheel ?   Can Shadow have his wheel ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:22 pm

i actually give them a wheel at playtime too ...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Can Shadow have his wheel ?   Can Shadow have his wheel ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:24 pm

I will try it in playpen first then but only problem is that he just hides in a tunnel and stays there so might not even have a try but will have a go x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can Shadow have his wheel ?   Can Shadow have his wheel ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:35 pm

Mum has a flying saucer from five weeks and the babies go on them - put their wheels in and then they have the choice x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Can Shadow have his wheel ?   Can Shadow have his wheel ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 7:36 pm

nelson broke my flying saucer wheel lol x
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Can Shadow have his wheel ?   Can Shadow have his wheel ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 9:38 pm

I put his wheel in his playpen and for the first 10 minutes he just hid underneath it funny boy, he did come out and have a little go on it for about 30 seconds so will let him have a few goes and see how he gets on then will put it in his viv............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can Shadow have his wheel ?   Can Shadow have his wheel ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:03 pm

Bless him xx
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Can Shadow have his wheel ?   Can Shadow have his wheel ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:06 pm

He is getting a bit better I think Helen he doesn't like sitting still on my lap or being held, he just makes a run up my side and squeezes himself under my are hides his head and sleeps while I stroke his back x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can Shadow have his wheel ?   Can Shadow have his wheel ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:07 pm

He is just seeking his comfort spot - trust me, if he wanted to, he would not snuggle up with you xx
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Can Shadow have his wheel ?   Can Shadow have his wheel ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:09 pm

Aww he must like me then and he doesn't huff or anything when I am stroking him, he's a beautiful little fella x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can Shadow have his wheel ?   Can Shadow have his wheel ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:11 pm

He does, he is just settling in - the fact he is snuggling into you is good - I would be more worried if he was trying to hide away from you x
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Can Shadow have his wheel ?   Can Shadow have his wheel ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:16 pm

He has only been out 5 nights with me so he has made progress which I feel really pleased about, I put him in the playpen for 10 minutes to start with before holding him and OH Boy does he poo and wee lol four poos and two wees in 10 mins lol x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Can Shadow have his wheel ?   Can Shadow have his wheel ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Your doing really well and making progress which is fab x
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Can Shadow have his wheel ?   Can Shadow have his wheel ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:27 pm

Thanks lou, slow but it's nice to see him starting to come round x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can Shadow have his wheel ?   Can Shadow have his wheel ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 10:42 pm

It will only get better xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Shadow have his wheel ?   Can Shadow have his wheel ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can Shadow have his wheel ?
Page 1 of 1