Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FAQs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

FAQs Empty
PostSubject: FAQs   FAQs Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:43 am

Do hedgehogs sunbathe?

No, if a hedgehog is out in the day it is a sign there is a problem and they will come out to find warmth when they are poorly. They might appear to be sunbathing as these hedgehogs remain still in the sun.

Why do hedgehogs stagger and appear drunk?

A hedgehog that is dehydrated and cold will often stagger and wobble.

Why do hedgehogs curl up in a tight spiky ball?

The hedgehog’s natural defence is to curl up in a tight ball using its spikes to protect it.

How heavy does a hedgehog need to be to survive hibernation?

The ideal weight is over 650 grams.

Will my dog or cat catch fleas from a hedgehog?

Hedgehog fleas are host specific meaning they will not live on your dogs or cats.

Do hedgehogs bite?

Some do but usually if they are in pain. Their bite doesn’t usually penetrate your skin.

Can I feed a hedgehog bread and milk?

Many years ago bread and milk was considered good for hedgehogs and they would readily eat it. However, modern research has found that bread and milk causes illness and sometimes death in hedgehogs and shouldn’t be given under any circumstances (even to baby hedgehogs).

What does it mean to ‘overwinter’ a hedgehog?

Hedgehogs who haven’t reached the hibernation weight of 650 grams will not survive hibernation. Any hedgehogs that are found during the winter (October – April) who haven’t reached this safe weight are taken to Rescue Centres. They are kept in a warm room and fed all winter. These are then released the following spring, wherever possible where they were found.

What should I do with a hedgehog that has built a nest in my garage/shed?

If it is not in any danger and it is not causing you any problems, then leave it where it is providing it has access to the outside. If it has to be moved for any reason call a local carer. Please leave some water nearby
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

FAQs Empty
PostSubject: Re: FAQs   FAQs Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 9:44 am

Brilliant Wilde facts , I'm hoping lucky Ludo is somewhere warm not seem him worries me
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

FAQs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum :: Other Exotic Hedgehogs :: Wild Hedgehogs-
Jump to: