Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bearded Dragons

Go down 
+3
pammie
Botty31
7 posters
AuthorMessage
gems

gems

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 5:23 pm

Information please my hubby is wanting get one so of course i agreed how couldnt i. haha
anyway where is the best place to get info from? are they friendly? anyone that can give advice would be great thanks.
Back to top Go down

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 5:29 pm

Bearded Dragons are fab - love them - there is a care sheet somewhere on here - private breeder - RFUK should have some on there x
Back to top Go down
Botty31

Botty31

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 5:30 pm

I know Lou has one and helen is good with info on reptiles , I'm sure one of them will give u some good advice soon :-) x
Back to top Go down
Botty31

Botty31

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 5:30 pm

You beat me too it helen !!! Lol x
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 5:31 pm

ok how often do they need cleaning out?
do they carry salmonella or is that if they are kept in dirty conditions?
Back to top Go down

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 5:58 pm

Like any pet - they need to be cleaned - you can use a sand scoop to sift the sand daily and then change the sand once a month - no need for expensive reptile sand, bird sand is sufficient, they should be kept on newspaper until they are bigger - babies can ingest sand x
Back to top Go down
pammie
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
pammie

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 7:47 pm

We still have niño on sand it doesn't look too good but the vet recommended it after she got sick. They are lovely friendly pets x
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 11:32 am

What is the monthly cost to the up keep food ect?
Back to top Go down

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 12:20 pm

Whilst they are young they will eat more live food than greens but both should be provided - you can pick dandelions in summer.

If you buy 50 locusts a week on line they will be round the £ 6.00 plus postage - will easily demolish 50 - Mulan has 50 a week
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:33 pm

So not that big of a cost then really is it.
Back to top Go down

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Not really Gemma x
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 6:59 pm

Beardies are ace! They have such funny little characters. Mine likes to sit on my shoulder and watch the tv and traffic going by. I haven't had him long, about a month, but I love him! They are brilliant pets for sure! x
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk
Botty31

Botty31

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 8:18 pm

Do you still have your tortoise mel? If you do do you clip his nails? X
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 8:36 pm

see reptiles dont interest me...i dont know why...im more a fury animal person....or spikey...hahaha!

i want either a dumbo rat next or a skinny pig,,,
id love love a skunk...but i can imagine them being destructive and quite pungent smelling like a ferret.
id love to meet one...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Gaga

Gaga

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 8:44 pm

skunks are quite nice tayer, they do have a musky smell horrible poop smell but seem playful, i guess some may be destructive and others not like a dog or cat i assume xx
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 8:46 pm

maybe one day...
i loved my ferret but my 2nd one wasnt the same...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Sponsored content

Bearded Dragons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bearded Dragons   Bearded Dragons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bearded Dragons
Page 1 of 1