Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley

Go down 
+2
Lou
gems
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:13 am

Night time temps still low and 2 hogs have gone back to sleep again. This really is a lo.g winter. I have only seen one Maybug this year. I, m not keen on them but normally there,s loads flying around. Anyone else niticed this?? If this is accross the board then sadly this could be a strong indication that theres less food out there for lots of our wildlife and not just hogs!!!!! Any thoughts?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:17 am

Spied 3 hogs in garden tonight- 2 were mating!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:21 pm

2 runs in the garden where it looks like hogs have gone back to sleep. Other rescues saying the same. Very unusual for this time of the year and particularly frustrating if you are trying to re-home them. The RSPCA are doing trials on re-homing hogs in hibernation and I have done this before but eagerly await their findings as this may be the way forward with global warming and bad winters. They will have to pay rent if they stay any longer lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 8:56 am

Huffin and puffin in the back border again!!! I so hope the mum stays in our garden.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 12:08 pm

2 foxes in garden late last night, they seemed to know each other and were well behaved. All new hogs in doing well. Lots of heavy lungoworm infestations, ie struggling to breath but they are prgressing slowly. Stimmer injuries however are making me mad. They can be EASILY avoided and are pretty horrific at best. Please check long grass before you strim !!! Still re-homing but late spring hasn't help speed up the process, everyone is going on holiday!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:48 am

A baby hog in today- 300g and a nasty infected broken leg. Another strimmer injury. Died within half an hour, so unfair!!!!

My son spotted a hog in our garden today. Severely infected hind leg. Examined her and she has terrible poo and has severe ringworm. In intensive care unit and made comfortable. Gutted about baby hog, can,t lose one from my garden !!!!
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:50 am

oh no so sad poor hoggies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:05 am

It is - if we all check our gardens before mowing/strimming it could save a lot of hoggie lives x
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 9:27 am

yeah it would its a shame people just dont think
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 3:27 pm

Its been very tough the past few weeks with incoming hogs just not lasting long at all. Baby in last in covered in cuts and looked lke it had been a toy for a cat, its siblings were already dead. Trying to keep focused but want to get severely drunk and not get out of bed lol! Sat in garden playing with bunnies and watching robin steal mealworms from a chicken. Ohh its my broken ankle robin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 7:55 pm

Its feels quite warm today so dont forget to leave water out for the animals and NEVER leave dogs in cars- they heat up really quickly and your always longer than u planned!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:14 am

6 hoglets in today, spines barely through so just born. Very feisty and feeding ok but their chances are pretty stacked against them. Hoping mum will be captured and i can try and reunite them. Tired and will be grumpy tomorrow!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 8:49 am

Been a long day. Started with a badger attacked hog from odiham that was wearing his insides out, sadly was pts, moved on cambridge hoglets in a barn, a fab re-homing at HP after many months of planning- tell you more when i,m on my computer, pets at home called and have been fab and a Broadmoor coup that will be postively great when its sorted. Lots of good stuff happening!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 4:22 pm

New hog in this morning- DOA . Really tired. Will have start posting some nice happy pics this week or start organising therapy sessions for users lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 8:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Follow up article on Skydive, a bit late i know but really busy here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 8:23 am

Tiny APH in today from Epsom. Found out in the garden wandering around. Guy tried 3 large organisations and they couldn't help and one would have PTS it. Really cute and only a baby at 263g Sadly it has some iffy poo so will keep an eye on it and check under scope, needs a little foot bath but is happy enough now with some mealworms and food. Son adores it already lol !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 6:34 pm

I,m sooo tired. Hogs just keep on coming. Thanks to all who have helped out collecting them. I picked up 5 hoglets on monday, terrible state on them. Tinnies at 50g. Lost 2 overnight. They were covered in flystrike and maggots, one a seething mass under skin( hope your not eating lol! Lady saw on out sat but popped it back in her fortress of a hog box that i had to dismantle to find the little ones. One had pop off syndrome, never seen it in one so young. 3 doing well and touch wood will make it. Hogspial is full now and running out of pet carriers!!! Lots of very ill poorly hogs!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 12:37 pm

Gave a talk last night in fleet. Sat nav took me to a derict church which was interesting with child and hog in car. Had a call from a lady in fleet who had found a hog lying in main road. Turned up at correct church, met lady with road hog, then rainbow leader came out and was very confused with the goings on( so was i lol!). Checked hog over, not RTA so ok for now. Was usurped at talk by my 7 year old son who basically took over lol! He takes his rescues very seriously. Rainbows were fab- thanks for lots of cat food and a donation. Thanks to Yvonne for collecting wokingham hog which sadly passed very quickly and helping to clean. 10.30, hadn,t eaten so hubby got chinese. Sat down, phone went, farnborough hog with hind leg injury. A day in the life of a rescurer lol. Not good for your health but the best thing ever for your soul!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 9:20 am

NO MORE STRIMMED HOGS!!!!!!! Please jump on your strimmer several million times and throw it in the bin. I have had so many strimmed hogs in this year and these are the lucky ones who are found.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 9:24 am

Had 14 babies in within 2 hours today so i,ve been pretty busy and am still giving feeds. Mum of farnborough babies is already here and she came in wednesday so been without food since then. Teeny tiny is a real doot at 15 g , very small head to toe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 9:58 am

All babies alive and kicking and even more amazingly the Marsh hog who is in a terrible state with a really bad worming problem. A good start to the day!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 12:59 pm

Tried mum with babies once they were warm and rehydrated. She wasn,t interested in them but didn,t hurt them. They had been apart for 4 days so it,s not surprising. Late last night she was coughing her heart out so that explains why she left them and was out in the day. She may have passed the lungworm onto them via the placenta so they may treating at a later date. Will take each day as it comes!
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 5:27 pm

I am sending lots and lots of love, please keep us informed hun. What you do is marvellous and just wish I could help.

Hugs

Jo xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:34 am

Yet another strimmed hog in. I know i,m preaching to the converted but please tell neighbours,friends, landscapers, contractors , basically anyone who will listen- strimmers can mutilate and do!!! Check long grass before strimming!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 3:02 pm

Lots and lots of hoglets in so really busy plus very poorly adults. Neighbours cat had one of the baby blackbirds that we had been feeding. Mum was going crazy so rushed round there. Nasty wounds but blackbird will be ok.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley   The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Happy Hedgehog Rescue Yateley
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next