Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shadows playpen

Go down 
+7
Melody
christinelevis
Gaga
tayer
Lou
tanzi
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tanzi

tanzi

Shadows playpen - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:39 pm

Big grin Big grin sounds like a little wanderer bless him x
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:39 pm

Aww, Ody doesn't like any noise or light when he's wheeling. Have to sneak in at night in the dark, being very quiet, to see him on his wheel. One light on and he's gone back to bed. Iori doesn't get up till he thinks I've gone to bed either. Goes to bed again when he hears my alarm in the morning.

Emo was terrible for that, bless him. I have long hair, and even in a pony tail he'd find the end. I'd actively have to unwrap my hair from a huffing popping angry spikey sea urchin. Very Happy x
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:40 pm

Hehe, he is. Like his namesake. Odysseus hedgehog! Very Happy traveller and warrior. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:41 pm

Aww, Emo used to get up while I was watching tv and would go on his wheel. He never minded. If I went near his viv he'd huff and freeze, but while I watched tv he'd wheel away and potter about. Used to love hearing him, bless him.
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:47 pm

They really are strange little creatures aren't they so many different personalities, I see loads of pics of happy little hoglets that don't mind being held and don't hide all the time and some even smile for the camera lol I hope he will get better I am sure he will as I haven't had him 2 weeks yet, early days I know ( give myself a good shake and tell me to stop worrying) Thanks Fionac it's great to hear all about a couple of yours x
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:54 pm

I never see theo out in his viv only time i do is when ive had him out and i put him back and he gets some food. some older hoggies come out when they hear someone i looked after a rescue for few days and she used to wheel in front of me and wasnt botherd when i filled her food or water bowls if she was asleep she woke up and came out to see what was going on but she was 4. they are all different you are doing good and it will be fine this is normal behavior so dont worry Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Thanks Fionac and Gems I am learning more and more every day about these wonderful little hoggies and I am starting to understand their behaviour a little bit more to... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
christinelevis

christinelevis

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:04 pm

tanzi wrote:
( give myself a good shake and tell me to stop worrying)

Think we need to start a worry club! Smile Padfoot doesn't like his playpen, I do try him in it every week but he just goes to sleep under his wheel. He's more of a cuddler and doesn't wander too far unless I follow him around. Try not to worry, as I've found out owning my first hoggie they enjoy worrying you Razz they're all individual and I'm sure Shadow will get used to the lovely pen you've made him and adventure out Smile xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.christinelevis.co.uk
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:04 pm

your worry is also normal i was the same Very Happy
Back to top Go down
christinelevis

christinelevis

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:06 pm

they are so worth it though Smile xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.christinelevis.co.uk
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 9:09 pm

Thanks Christine x and yes I am sorry to say I am a worrier, which annoys me at times but will calm down soon (hopefully lol) x Smile
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:11 pm

Aww, they are all different. Sleeping on you is really good though. Keep that in mind. You'll probably find soon he'll be more confident with you and you'll have a really good bond. Even the huffy ones are the loveliest characters. Emo was very huffy. Would huff and pop and spike. But we still had a special relationship. And I got to know him and what made him happy. He had plenty of character and I could see that, and loved him even if I couldn't cuddle him. On the other hand, Ody is the most chilled out little dude, but he won't sleep on me at all. Just wriggles free and dashes off. Will sleep under the cushions next to me, but won't snuggle with me. Smile you'll look back on this time in a few months and wonder what you worried about, trust me. I know cos I did the same. Very Happy x
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:13 pm

Haha, yes to the worry club! Where do I sign?! Very Happy hehe x
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:20 pm

I will love him no matter what he is like because to me he is a wonderful little boy and he owns my heart, even if I always have to pick him up with a fleece blanket I don't care just so happy to have him in my life x x please point me to the worry club as that's definitely a place that is for me Smile
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 10:33 pm

Aww, we are all in good company. Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
sue caldwell

sue caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:08 pm

hi errol doesnt move in his play pen just hides under liner, if i didnt get him out i woudnt see him he is seven months old and i have held him every night since i got him off helen it wasnt till a few weeks ago that he began wandering on floor but not every night some nites just goes back to sleep. he still huffs and i have had several bites but when hes happy im happy x keep persevering x
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Thanks Sue x x Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 1:20 pm

Clover will either run in the play pen or hide - depends what mood she is in - she is a funny girl as sometimes she is in her nest box and other times under the liner!!
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Mine love the playpen .... Noodles goes in on her own as she don't like the other girls .. Nigel loves to stretch ... playpens are great for them to have exercise in .
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
zombiewoman

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 1:46 pm

I have a mix of ones that play some just hide and some never move until I turn my head and look back they are in a different place. They all are such funny little personalities. Love them all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Qute-Quillz/318392471572041
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 4:08 pm

I am glad I got a playpen as it's a god send when I want to clean his viv out as I know he is safe in there and he does all his pooping and weeing in there to, I got a waterproof liner from the pound shop and its great to put underneath then I put a couple of puppy training pads on the top so it's all good nice and easy to keep clean x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 4:14 pm

It is a lot easier when you have somewhere safe to keep them when cleaning out etc x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadows playpen   Shadows playpen - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadows playpen
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2