Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hedgehog awareness week this year is May 5th to May 11th

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Hedgehog awareness week this year is May 5th to May 11th Empty
PostSubject: Hedgehog awareness week this year is May 5th to May 11th   Hedgehog awareness week this year is May 5th to May 11th Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 1:16 pm

Anyone can help by doing basic things in the garden:

1/ let them in, holes in or under fences

2/ housing, proper hog boxes, plastic crates, aquatic fish boxes or leave piles of leaves and logs.

3/ nesting material- essential for mums to rear their hoglets - any long hay or straw could bruise, cut or even cause breaks in the hogs legs. No longer than 5 "

4/ Give them reason to come into your garden- leave wood to rot down hidden under shrubs etc. Half a hogs diet is beetles and caterpillars. Create a feeding station- control what you feed. An upturned plastic box, 4" sq hole at base with heavy slab on top. Feed with hedgehog food or cat biscuits, white meat.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Hedgehog awareness week this year is May 5th to May 11th Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog awareness week this year is May 5th to May 11th   Hedgehog awareness week this year is May 5th to May 11th Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 1:18 pm

I think my little family come through behind the shed although I haven't seen any hope that is a good thing .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

Hedgehog awareness week this year is May 5th to May 11th
Page 1 of 1