Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 1:43 pm

80 a 219g juvenile boy has just arrived. No obvious injuries so I just need to check for internal parasites now - I've already removed a few ticks. I've called him Thorn (word association with #79 - Rose Royce!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Thorn (#80) has settled down & had a good sleep, hoping he will eat tonight. His first poo sample is clear of parasites which is good news. Rose Royce (#79) is now up to 211g doing really well, her 2nd poo sample is also clear. Willow (#78 with one eye) has stalled at 718g but otherwise doing well. And Sita is still not letting the babies out the nest so I haven't seen them for a couple of days. It should be any day now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Had to share this one, its Sita nursing her babies. I think she was fast asleep, probably exhausted from keeping up with these two!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 6:59 pm

Its always nerve wracking deciding when to separate babies from Mum. I moved Sita's two baby girls into their own cage last night, and for the first time in 5 days the smaller one has gained a little weight, only 2g, but its progress
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Well it didn't take long for #86's arrival to follow, a 200g boy very wet & cold. It seems I'll be looking at several poo samples under the microscope tonight!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So the poo results are in! 085 has capillaria worms, but 086's sample was clear although I will check another sample tomorrow to be sure, as the eggs don't show up in every sample.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 7:19 pm

#87 has arrived tonight - probable head trauma as blood from nose, breathing is difficult. Worried it might have a fractured jaw as it looks wonky to me. Made comfortable & warming it up at present.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:12 am

Its a mixed bag tonight; Yesterday's arrivals #85 (Gale) and #86 (Storm) have both lost weight. Gale in particular is very poorly and being treated for a massive worm burden. He's very weak & skinny. Storm hopefully just needs some more time - he did the most gigantic poo last night which could explain the weight loss. Keeping fingers crossed for these two and #87 who is resting at the mo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:12 am

On the positive side; #079 (Rose Royce) is now 524g, #080 (Thorn) is up to 561g. #82 (Beckham) doesn't like Ark wildlife food and will only eat IAMS but is up to 490g again after losing weight due to worms. His foot is healing well after his encounter with the football net.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:14 am

Finally Sita is now 1097g after coming in at 823g 5 weeks ago despite being pregnant! Her treatment for lungworm is underway again. Her babies (now named Cherry & Pipkin) are both doing well since being separated from Mum and putting on weight, and generally wreaking havoc in their cage with Mum to tell them off!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 6:30 pm

Juvenile in today - straight to the vets where she was PTS due to a spinal injury
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 8:17 am

Beckham (#82) is now fully healed following his encounter with a football net, and has reached 759g. So tonight he moved outside to a hutch which will be his winter accommodation, where I'm hoping he will hibernate (less cleaning for me!).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 8:12 am

300g juvenile (#92) in this morning, no worms in the first poo sample which is good but I'll keep monitoring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:16 am

So Stanley (096) had obliged with a poo sample and he will also be getting the full treatment (16 injections over the next 15 days) for lungworm & roundworm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke   Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hedgehog Rescue Bradley Stoke
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4