Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Snakie!!!

Go down 
+3
Gaga
Melody
Snufflehogs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

Snakie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Snakie!!!   Snakie!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Meet Cilla the corn snake! I named her Cilla becausee she is black, lol! I know a few of you have seen her on my facebook, but I thought I'd post on here as well. She's a nippy little lady who desperately needed saving from where she was. She was shoved in a plastic box with over 60 other snakes. The tub that she was in when I arrived to pick her up was disgusting too. She isn't as nippy as she was when I got her last week, but she does try to bite me when I first pick her up. She shakes her tail at me too, bless her! I imagine that given her start n life she must be terrified, poor little thing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyway, I have given it a lot of thought and I have decided the only thing I can do is report the person I got her from. It said on her advert that she was downsizing her collection due to being pregnant, but she was very open about keeping all those snakes together in a plastic storage box. She was also very proud of the 100 plus eggs she had waiting to hatch. The corn snakes were not her only snakes either. This is not somebody downsizing. This is someone clearly exploiting these beautiful creatures for the money, whilst keeping them in unacceptable conditions. Do you think I should report her to the RSPCA or is there anywhere else I can turn to? I can't get this out of my mind. This woman also kept a fully grown bearded dragon in a 2ft viv. She has 2 large dogs and 4 cats and goodness knows what else - all in a 2 bed terrace. Her house was in a right state too. The kitchen was like something off How Clean Is Your House. I'm not one for constantly cleaning, but this was minging. Certainly not a good environment for her many many animals or her children.
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

Snakie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snakie!!!   Snakie!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 3:29 pm

Oh bless poor Cilla xx

I wouldn't hesitate at all in reporting this person Mel. I've just had a look (Google) at a few cases that have gone to court because of cruelty and poor husbandry as far as reptiles are concerned and all of them have had the RSPCA involved. There are also reptile forums who may be able to provide a key contact for you, maybe even somebody within the RSPCA. I know not everyone has time for them, but they are there to provide at least some sort of protection and there isn't really that much that can be done without them.

When I used to work in the vets, we had different contacst for different reasons, reptiles, wild animals, even for animals classed as vermin (rats, pigeons etc). There may be somebody in the local RSPCA office to this person who deals with reptiles.

Keep us posted won't you?

xoxox
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

Snakie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snakie!!!   Snakie!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 4:18 pm

poor lil girl, glad she has a home with you now, i think reporting her would be a good idea xx
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

Snakie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snakie!!!   Snakie!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 4:41 pm

I have to do it. My heart wont let me do nothing. I couldn't get out of her house quick enough. I felt myself boiling up and I nearly said something. Richard could tell I was getting angry so he ushered me out, lol!

I'm happy to go through the RSPCA, but yes, I could put some feelers out on the repltile forums for help. I never thought of them - cheers Melody! I'm going to join them tonight and contact the RSPCA forst thing Monday. I will defo keep you posted with any news I get.

x x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

Snakie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snakie!!!   Snakie!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:48 pm

ahhhh poor thing, i wouldnt have a 1st clue how to keep a snake, but it doesnt sound good, and she is bringing a kid into her house full of dirty animals (no fault of their own).

you know whats best....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs

Snakie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snakie!!!   Snakie!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:37 pm

She is very pretty Mel x
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

Snakie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snakie!!!   Snakie!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:01 pm

She's already got 2 kids as well. Not sure where they all sleep etc. Sad x

Thank you Helen! x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Snakie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snakie!!!   Snakie!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 11:20 am

She is lovely I. Sure she. Will settle down after she realises your not going to hurt her .. Shame as corns are known to be friendly snakes I would image her biting is down to no handling but I'm no expert can only go on our corn snake Bosch who was lovely x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

Snakie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snakie!!!   Snakie!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:43 pm

That and the fact that she's been in a box with so many other snakes. I think she's probably terrified of everything. She's fine once she's out, bless her! x
Back to top Go down

Snakie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snakie!!!   Snakie!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Wrong - just plain wrong x
Back to top Go down
Botty31

Botty31

Snakie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snakie!!!   Snakie!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:53 pm

Glad you've got her now mel, I would of wanted to bring them all home , people shouldn't be able to own animals if they can not look after them properly , unfortunately she is not the only person about that treats animals this way SadSad x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Snakie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snakie!!!   Snakie!!! Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:44 am

Any update Melanie x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Sponsored content

Snakie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snakie!!!   Snakie!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down