Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Willows Hedgehog Rescue

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage

Willows Hedgehog Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 6:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Spikerrella before her big leap back to finders. She is an old girl so should not have no problems going home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 12:12 pm

This big lad came in after a late night rescue. Hw was well and truly stuck down a drain. Antibiotics, food and a very good bath put him back to his former glory and is now on his way to his new home. Hopefully he will stay out of long drains. Please make sure your drain is animal proof. Keep them covered!

Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:43 pm

Aww pleased he ok
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Another 12 - 14 hogs leaving us this week. Been busy on the phone, they so all need to leave us now. Just a few more to sort out and then the mass clean can start.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeSun May 12, 2013 8:04 pm

Updates: The old lad that came in with very bad breathing was treated for lung worm and sounds almost new again, gaining weight but bless he is an old one. The little lad that ended up having his broken leg removed is gaining weight lovely and finally the old guy that came in with mites is looking all new again and eating well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 9:11 am

Two new hedgehogs in tonight. The first has either head trauma but no visible signs of impact or nero problems. Treatment started and will look for any signs of improvement in the next few days. The second hog has been hit by a car we think. He has old injuries, an eye that was hanging out but had died long ago, and a missing back leg which has also healed over a long time ago. The Vet removed the eye there and then as no feeling was left. As he is in a poor condition we will give TLC before he returns to be x-rayed to assess if they can remove the rest of the leg. These were very old wounds and both had healed with no infection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:21 pm

Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:30 pm

that went down quick lovely videos .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 8:51 pm

So sweet - love watching them x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 9:37 am

Press release just been sent to papers and hopefully will be in next's week paper. The new hog with head injury isnt doing too well, treatment still continues. Tonight seen the return of Reed, Daisy and Bluebell who has been lodging with Helen. She has done a great job and hopefully they will be release this weekend if the rain STOPS!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:58 am

Looks like the weekend will be good for releases..yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh. On another matter, another hog in yet another broken leg. Off to vets and hopefully this one can be mended. Found in the middle of road.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 5:32 pm

The new hog from the other day has been PTS by our VETS. The break was very high up and it was full of infection. poor little hoggy. The old guy with head injuries has also been to the VETS. We are going to give him a few more days but due to his age reluctant to but him under to check out his leg.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Trouble, i still cant seem to capture her striking color. Maybe my guest can later.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 7:22 am

now today we only managed to release four hogs and wait for it. Two new ones in. The first trapped in netting and at first glance has a real issue with one of the back legs. Another vet job. The second a female from a garden we have had two years in a row. Last year a mom covered in some sort of smelly petrol, or something similar. This year one very lucky hog appears to be a strimmer injury but has healed over and new spines growing back. The problem is she looks fat, possible going to be a mom. Now we shouldn't release with missing spines to the top of her head but we dont really want a possible mom to be. Answer secure garden.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 5:19 pm

Another hog in and one on the way. Now Please I know i am releasing but that doesnt mean I want to fill them instantly. One night without cleaning is all I want. (Only in my dream)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 5:22 pm

Melilot has left willows with instruction not to release until later on tonight. She is on a mission to recruite neighbours to help out and become hedgehog friendly.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 5:25 pm

Today is going to be a busy day. this morning Melilot leave us and then its a tip run. Then Reed and Bluebell leaves together followed by Spikey pig and Pignut and then Willowherb and Bedstraw and if I can a few more. Whilst waiting will be cleaning dirty cages, washing hog blankets and cooking a dinner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 7:24 pm

Willowherb and Bedstraw has just left as well as the female that came in needing a diet. All the outdoor pens have been cleaned to take in more hogs ready for the next releases
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 7:25 pm

Primrose who was a baby here has been released tonight from the foster carers home. great news she did so well over winter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 7:25 pm

Spikey pig and Pignut has been released . pic is Spiky Pig

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 7:26 pm

Reed went on his own as the planned garden wasnt ready for the two.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 9:29 am

And finally to complete a very long day Fred. after his first release was canceled due to his very large bugs bunny teeth. He was checked out by the vets and no damage is being done so he has left us.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 8:12 am

I am a very happy buddy. Been doing my usual poo samples and at last i have spotted my first Capillaria eggs. Now the hog is in a very bad way and currently in the incubator but he has started on meds tonight so fingers crossed. i love my new microscope ♥
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:18 am

Today little Daisy has left us. She has gone to a fantastic area and hopefully i will be able to release more to the area to join the wild ones already there. Sadly the old guy with head trauma has shown no signs of improvement so it was kinder to PTS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Willows Hedgehog Rescue    Willows Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Willows Hedgehog Rescue
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next