Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Met a blue tongue skink today

Go down 
+3
Gaga
tayer
tanzi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tanzi

tanzi

Met a blue tongue skink today Empty
PostSubject: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:34 pm

I was at my local reptile shop today and met a 10 month old blue tongue skink and he was beautiful, I held him for a few minutes and he was so calm and gentle, I would really love one of these but don't think I will be getting one just yet, do they make good pets as the man that I was talking to said they do and they are quite easy to look after not too demanding? just wondered, I will be going back again next week for another hold of him... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:36 pm

helen had or has one of these too....
i think lou was looking into them...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:41 pm

I don't know a thing haha, Helen is your best bet xx
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:42 pm

I just think that they are such amazing creatures I just watched him for about 20 minutes, my hubby wasn't amused lol..............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:37 pm

Stunning reptiles - the only one you can train like a dog x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 11:01 pm

I met Helens Steve and I loved him ... one day but not yet .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 11:13 pm

He was amazing and he kept looking at me he just walked around from hand to hand didn't get stressed or anything, it's the first time I have ever held any type of lizard and he felt so warm and squishy it was just love at first sight.............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 7:43 am

Bat your eyes at hubby!
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 9:03 am

yeah he cant say no ha ha ... I fell in love at first sight too Caroline but I have a lot of hedgies and a bearded so maybe in the future .x
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 5:12 pm

I have batted my eyes at hubby and he just asked if I had developed a nasty twitch lol Very Happy men I give up........... Well for now anyway Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 6:16 pm

Now that isn't very nice now is it?
Back to top Go down
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 6:29 pm

No it isn't but I have ways and means of getting what I want................... it will just take time but I will not fail on this mission Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Big grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Girl after my own heart!
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:56 pm

awww, love Steve. Very Happy would love one of these too if i had the room. I was torn between one of these, a beardy or a hoggie, but then I met Ody and have never looked back. Smile Got to meet lovely Steve, so i'm happy. Smile x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:58 pm

iv never seen one....and iv never handled a lizard before.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
tanzi

tanzi

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 4:12 pm

Ha Ha Helen we ladies just have to get what you want or we let the side down lol Very Happy I had never held a lizard before and was surprised just how warm and soft they are, the one I held is looking for a home but I am not going to rush into it going to find out all the facts first as to their needs and illnesses ect.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 4:20 pm

They are fab - they are the only reptile that know and recognise you for just being you - wonderful lizards
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 4:39 pm

was steve fully grown Helen ..? is that as big as they get and are males bigger then females ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 5:20 pm

Steve was fully grown and not really any difference in size x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 5:31 pm

aww ok ... I find it most animals that the male is bigger .x
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 5:06 pm

I have had lizards love but never a bts. I would love one, they are so affectionate.
Hugs

JOxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Met a blue tongue skink today   Met a blue tongue skink today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Met a blue tongue skink today
Page 1 of 1