Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

we are looking into one of these..

Go down 
+2
tayer
Lou
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lou

Lou

we are looking into one of these.. Empty
PostSubject: we are looking into one of these..   we are looking into one of these.. Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I no they are really expensive but we will see if we can get a second hand one if not I have a couple of years to save before Monty will need some extra room ... I like the general idea of these .. easy to heat and max UV exposure which is what him and rigs will need .
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: we are looking into one of these..   we are looking into one of these.. Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:56 pm

i was gonna say they are £1k odd....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs

PostSubject: Re: we are looking into one of these..   we are looking into one of these.. Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Greenhouse!
Back to top Go down
Botty31

Botty31

PostSubject: Re: we are looking into one of these..   we are looking into one of these.. Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:07 pm

They are good but very expensive like Helen says could you not convert a greenhouse ? X
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: we are looking into one of these..   we are looking into one of these.. Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:08 pm

never thought of that....just wonder how you would keep the heat in a greenhouse they give them away all the time on freecycle any ideas would be gratefully received .
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: we are looking into one of these..   we are looking into one of these.. Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:12 pm

cant you just make it smaller....
green houses are always warm...arnt they?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: we are looking into one of these..   we are looking into one of these.. Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:22 pm

greenhouses can be kept warm, they are used for that for plants that need warm in winter lou, would be cheaper but those what you posted look fab xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: we are looking into one of these..   we are looking into one of these.. Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:24 pm

I think I will look into a greenhouse as that would be a lot cheaper thanks for that .. everyone .... I might be able to get him one sooner then later .. I want to introduce him and Rigs soon ... as they have to be kept separate for 6 months but I was just leaving it a wee bit longer .. then hopefully they can be housed in the green house together .x
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: we are looking into one of these..   we are looking into one of these.. Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:25 pm

how big is rigsby now lou? have you got any pictures? xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: we are looking into one of these..   we are looking into one of these.. Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 8:04 pm

rigs is still tiny but he is bigger then what he was will get some tomorrow .x
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: we are looking into one of these..   we are looking into one of these.. Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 11:12 pm

Lou, it's not recommended to keep two different species of tortoises together you know... If you want to house tortoises together eventually, you are best getting the same breed.

Xoxox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: we are looking into one of these..   we are looking into one of these.. Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 11:14 pm

Now I have learnt something new x
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: we are looking into one of these..   we are looking into one of these.. Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 11:35 pm

Tis true Helen, not many folks seem to understand though....

Here's a link to the Tortoise Trust forum,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's really, really good and there isn't anything that Andy Highfield (who des so much work for the health and wellbeing of all species) won't be able to help you with, regarding tortoises or turtles.

You'll also see some ideas for tortoise housing, some people have shared their photies. You'll see them under tortoise husbandry.

I hope you'll find it helpful Lou. May even save some pennies too...

xoxox

Last edited by Melody on Wed May 08, 2013 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Botty31

Botty31

PostSubject: Re: we are looking into one of these..   we are looking into one of these.. Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 8:07 am

That's a brill link melody thanks xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: we are looking into one of these..   we are looking into one of these.. Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 9:37 am

Fab link - shall have a look just out of interest for myself x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: we are looking into one of these..   we are looking into one of these.. Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 11:00 am

I was told by someone on a tortoise forum that you could introduce to separate breeds as long as they had been kept separate for 6 months .....just shows you not everyone is right I will take a look at the link ... thankyou .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: we are looking into one of these..   we are looking into one of these.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

we are looking into one of these..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum :: Pets Corner :: Reptiles-
Jump to: