Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

when for playplen..

Go down 
+5
gems
tayer
Lou
Melody
kiki93
9 posters
AuthorMessage
kiki93

kiki93

when for playplen.. Empty
PostSubject: when for playplen..   when for playplen.. Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:11 am

Billy hated his playpen when I got him... he still hasnt been in it again yet.. when should I let him bave a run in there? Xx
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: when for playplen..   when for playplen.. Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:34 am

Mine go out every night Katie and they are all different.

Penny: is out straight away looking for mealies and then straight on the wheel.
Mushroom: has a good mooch around almost immediately.
Mr Fez: doesn't stop, but he looks as if he just darts about looking for somewhere to hide. When he does find somewhere to hide, he sits for a minute and then darts to the next best spec!
Little Miss Daisy Splat: finds somewhere to sit still for a while, she doesn't get 'on the go' until later.
Puddin': Huffs and puffs for a bit before deciding she'll have a nosie about.
Bambam: Mooches about really quietly and likes to rummage around for mealies.
Ernie Holt doesn't move until he gets the all clear that everyone's gone quiet but then once he's got his courage up to take a peek, he's fine Very Happy

Whose ever turn it is to stay out all night, there's not one of them who doesn't wheel poop and pee Very Happy They leave all the obvious signs that they've had a good night Very Happy

I guess what I'm trying to show you is that your Billy may 'grow into ' his play area. Don't forget that Helen used to out him out when he was with her, I know he would have been with his siblings and that maybe everything just seemed a bit different for him when he moved. It may also be that he doesn't want to mooch about until really late, it might even mean he is just as happy to sit and chillax with you Very Happy

I would say to keep trying him, maybe hide a few mealies about so he has to go looking for them Very Happy

xoxox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: when for playplen..   when for playplen.. Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 8:29 am

Can only second what Mel has told you

Out of mine the majority will enjoy a good run out - Satori chooses his moment, sometimes he will run and other times he will hide!

Errol who I am looking after sat in his play pen last night!

I would keep trying him as he will get used to it - if you are popping him out where it is light, he might not like it, mine are used to coming out to my routine and will potter about from being put out - try him when it is darker - he will soon get the hang of it as it is important for him to get some exercise when he is a little bigger - bonding time is the more important factor at the moment xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: when for playplen..   when for playplen.. Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 9:43 am

My girls love the play pen and mooch around , only Tallulah belle seems to go in there and sits in the corner with her bum facing outwards .... But she dies come around x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

PostSubject: Re: when for playplen..   when for playplen.. Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 11:53 am

Dies affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: when for playplen..   when for playplen.. Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 1:17 pm

All mine sleep in it but poppet, maverick flint loves loves loves it!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: when for playplen..   when for playplen.. Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 1:30 pm

Theodore just hides and sleeps but willow enjoys a run around in there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: when for playplen..   when for playplen.. Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 1:37 pm

I like the way that they are all different x
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: when for playplen..   when for playplen.. Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 1:44 pm

yeah they all so different arnt they which makes them fab Very Happy love hearing how other peoples hoggies are and personalities
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: when for playplen..   when for playplen.. Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:41 pm

Hercules hates being in the playpen apart from his overnighters when he can't be seen - he is a very shy boy, Pebbles has a mooch about then hides behind the wheel - although on her overnighters she plays with all the toys etc and Tilly loves it. Tilly will happily wheel away in broad daylight no matter who or what is watching her! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk
kiki93

kiki93

PostSubject: Re: when for playplen..   when for playplen.. Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 4:02 pm

So... billy can go in the plahpen overnight? And if its dark I wont be able to see him nellie?

Thankyou everyone and mel I will do what you said! Will try him tonight xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: when for playplen..   when for playplen.. Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 5:53 pm

I have a red light in my hoggie window - they will play out in dim lighting x
Back to top Go down
kiki93

kiki93

PostSubject: Re: when for playplen..   when for playplen.. Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 9:59 pm

So put a red light on? I can do that xx
Back to top Go down
kiki93

kiki93

PostSubject: Re: when for playplen..   when for playplen.. Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:00 pm

What bout with just telle on xx
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: when for playplen..   when for playplen.. Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:06 pm

Some are ok with the telly on, but Hercules doesn't like the change in light as the picture changes. I don't think they can see red light. I'd recommend it for a shy hoggie - that way you can watch what they get up to when nobody's looking! You have to be quiet and still though. I don't know how, but even in the dark Hercules can tell if there is movement. x
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk
zombiewoman

PostSubject: Re: when for playplen..   when for playplen.. Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 2:53 am

He is Hercules duh he is a super hero. LOL
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Qute-Quillz/318392471572041

PostSubject: Re: when for playplen..   when for playplen.. Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 9:06 am

How true Lisa - love it xx
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: when for playplen..   when for playplen.. Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 5:11 pm

We have cuddles and some mealiies and then little one goes in his run. The TV is on but the lights have to be off and there is a towel covering the section which faces the TV.

Hugs

Jo xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when for playplen..   when for playplen.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

when for playplen..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum :: Health, Care and Habitat :: Hedgehog Housing & Environmental Enrichment-
Jump to: