Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wilde hedgehog found tonight

Go down 
+2
Lou
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lou

Lou

Wilde  hedgehog found tonight  Empty
PostSubject: Wilde hedgehog found tonight    Wilde  hedgehog found tonight  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:15 pm

Went into the garden to get my liners to wash ...as i leave them outside after i clean my cages then bring them in to wash ... and under the liners was a little wilde hedgehog we have named Frankie .. (boy/girl) He/she was very slow , i got a bit of advice from Helen warmed him up on a snuggle pad in a box with bedding with food and water i have contacted Gill will be getting him over there tomorrow .x

Meet frankie ..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Lou on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

PostSubject: Re: Wilde hedgehog found tonight    Wilde  hedgehog found tonight  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:21 pm

Glad to help Lou - these little ones really need our help now - a good weight to see them through hibernation is 800 grams - anything less and they will need a wildie carer to assess them prior to release and most releases at the moment are on hold due to bonfire night - he/she will be fine Lou - warmth, food and water is important for now. xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Wilde hedgehog found tonight    Wilde  hedgehog found tonight  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 10:29 pm

Gill said he looks on the thin side could be worms only one tic that i can see and im meeting Gills hubby at the next motorway junction to me in the morning .x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Wilde hedgehog found tonight    Wilde  hedgehog found tonight  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:43 am

Frankie is still alive this morning .. and i will be taking him over to Gill's husband at Calcot after the school run think i will feel better when i no he is with someone that knows what they are doing with him ...

I'm sure Gill will keep me updated .x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wilde hedgehog found tonight    Wilde  hedgehog found tonight  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:52 am

Really pleased for you Lou - Frankie will be OK when he gets to Gill's, they have a vast array of high protein foods that soon gets them putting weight on xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Wilde hedgehog found tonight    Wilde  hedgehog found tonight  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:04 am

Yeah hope so she thinks he probably has worms but fingers crossed he will be ok ..x Least he isn't out there where he will die .x

REMEBER EVERYONE TO CHECK YOUR BIN BAGS AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT THEY CAN HIDE UNDER as Frankie was hiding under the liners i had put out to be washed .... was bring them into pop in the machine and there he was .... we have to do all we can to help these little ones .x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wilde hedgehog found tonight    Wilde  hedgehog found tonight  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 8:28 am

Well I have just had a wildie dropped off on my doorstep this morning, he was seen in the garden last night but was still out this morning, he is cold and wet so at the moment he has been made comfortable in a box with plenty of kitchen roll and a heat mat is under the box - going to ring Vi and get him over their later.

This is the time that hoggies will be beginning to hibernate so ANY that are out in the day means there is something not right.

I shall be naming him Bennie - we have Frankie and Bennie and I love their food!
Back to top Go down
janey

janey

PostSubject: Re: Wilde hedgehog found tonight    Wilde  hedgehog found tonight  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:20 am

Aww, hope they both are ok, love their names.
Well done to both of you for helping them. xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Wilde hedgehog found tonight    Wilde  hedgehog found tonight  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:47 am

Hey i want janey's avatar lol ..x

I have just met up with Harvey and dropped Frankiee off he was already with a big container .. food water and a heat mat we had a chat and he promised to keep me up dated and will still with the name as Meme named him .. Frankiee is a baby and i feel i have more .. so will be keeping a close eye out tonight .

Black bags in the garden .. put them up on a chair as he said most are found looking for food in bin bags .

Feels good to no that i have helped a wilde and i hope Gill will let me go with her when he is set free next year when he is a big boy .x
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Wilde hedgehog found tonight    Wilde  hedgehog found tonight  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 10:29 am

awww he's gorgeous Lou. I'm sure he will be well looked after x

Helen I have loads of papers for Vi which I will bring to yours later x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wilde hedgehog found tonight    Wilde  hedgehog found tonight  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:59 pm

Sadly Bennie has not made it - he has passed quietly away before I could get him to Virginia's - gutted x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Wilde hedgehog found tonight    Wilde  hedgehog found tonight  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:25 pm

Awww Helen im gutted , what a shame ... just shows we have to keep a look out time can be so precious for the wildes .x
Back to top Go down
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

PostSubject: Re: Wilde hedgehog found tonight    Wilde  hedgehog found tonight  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:08 pm

Awww sorry for Bennie..RIP little boy x
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Wilde hedgehog found tonight    Wilde  hedgehog found tonight  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:26 pm

Aaaaah so sad to hear about Bennie ... RIP little Fella xx

Great to hear about Frankie, well done Lou cheers

Big hugz for your effort Helen xx

xoxox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wilde hedgehog found tonight    Wilde  hedgehog found tonight  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:26 pm

Bennie is buried in my front garden with my other hoggies, all wrapped up and snug - least I could do for Bennie - gutted doesn't describe it x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Wilde hedgehog found tonight    Wilde  hedgehog found tonight  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:32 pm

Aww Helen sorry he didn't make it i have my security light on at the back of the house that goes on when something moves in front of it so i will no if something is on the patio i deffo have a few more hogs in my garden as i saw 2 big ones and then there was little frankiee and he was only a baby ... x
Back to top Go down
janey

janey

PostSubject: Re: Wilde hedgehog found tonight    Wilde  hedgehog found tonight  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:36 pm

Aww poor Bennie, RIP little fella xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wilde hedgehog found tonight    Wilde  hedgehog found tonight  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wilde hedgehog found tonight
Page 1 of 1