Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..

Go down 
+10
fionac
Gaga
tanzi
Snufflehogs
christinelevis
pammie
Leanne
Melody
Botty31
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:35 pm

Really pleased for you Daisy and Lazy Lou xx
Back to top Go down
tiggyhedgehog

tiggyhedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 8:10 am

I wasn't to sure where to ask this so I'll just put it up here, it might be me worrying to much but lastnight Lou didn't come out once, and she still hasn't eaten apart from half a meal worm from the box she arrived in.she didn't drink last night either. I did wake her up this morning and tried to get her to eat or drink but she didn't, she walked about 5 steps on her wheel before trying to go back to sleep, I was just wondering if I should try a different cat food, or if its too hot or too cold for her. It is very warm! Or if there is something wrong with her? Xx
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 8:33 am

what are your temps like? or it may just be the long journey they had.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 8:43 am

I think the long journey had had an effect on them - Daisy,even though it is hot, try putting a heat mat in for her - she may just need a little extra heat after the journey and try offering her some chicken thigh to get her interested in food - she is a lazy lump so a little hand feeding offering her some treats to get her kick started with her eating x
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 10:29 am

Hi Daisy!

I had the other little girl Maisie. She is very wobbly on her back legs and hasn't eaten much at all. No chicken and only a about 5 or 6 biscuits. I think it's a combination of the weather and that long journey. Try not to worry too much. I am a worrier so I have to keep telling myself too, hehe!

x x
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk
alison

alison

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 11:37 am

Well done all of you for providing forever loving homes for these little ones xxx
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Did they all come from the same place Helen?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 3:46 pm

No they were three different hand ins x
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 9:25 pm

ahh right bless them
Back to top Go down
tiggyhedgehog

tiggyhedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:09 pm

Okay so she has a heat mat in there now, I tried hand feeding her some chicken but she still won't take anything, she didnt drink anything last night either, she hasn't been on her wheel but I'm more worried about her and drinking, I am probably worry too much but I don't want her ending up dehydrated or anything. X
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:12 pm

Have you counted the biscuits out Daisy - she may be taking some of them and you might not be noticing - she may also not drink the bowl dry but taking small amounts - if you count the biscuits tonight and I will have a think and ask Amanda what she was eating like before coming to us x
Back to top Go down
tiggyhedgehog

tiggyhedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Yeah I counted the biscuits and wrote it down so I didn't forget, she may be drinking but the bowl was still full so she will have only drunk a tiny bit. Okay thankyou Helen x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:20 pm

Will she take dried mealies ?
Back to top Go down
tiggyhedgehog

tiggyhedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:23 pm

Nope, she had half of one when I first brought her home, I tried her with more but she won't take it
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:26 pm

Hey Daisy, I remember really, really panicking over my Ernie Holt when he fisrt arrived as I just couldn't get him to eat at all. I'm sure it took a good 2 weeks for him to settle in properly Very Happy

It's only been a couple of days for her and I'm sure she's just having a little think to herself before she realises that she's staying there with you for ever Very Happy

xoxox
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 8:13 am

Helen do I need to retreat Edward with mite treatment or was it the only needed once stuff that Amanda used. I don't think he has tho but was just wondering?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:19 am

I don't think so Gemma - it was just a precaution due to the conditions they were kept in - if it makes you feel better - you can get some stronghold and treat him with that x
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:59 am

Daisy, have you tried her with something sweet? Maybe a bit of strawberry or pear. She might have a sweet tooth! It was actually sliced beef got got my little one eating. I hope she starts eating and drinking properly soon. I know it sounds daft, but is she pooing and weeing because if she is she must've eaten something. x x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:56 am

Good Point Mel - sweetcorn, stewed apple, chicken thigh or some roast beef or lamb xx
Back to top Go down
tiggyhedgehog

tiggyhedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:05 pm

I'll try her with something sweet today, she didn't eat anything last night but she did drink, she went on her wheel for the first time last night too- she did poo a little bit yeah x
Back to top Go down
Botty31

Botty31

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:09 pm

I bet she is just a bit shook up from her journey and her new environment , at least she had a drink last night and if she has progressed to using her wheel she may build an appetite up , all the signs are positive so keep up the good work SmileSmile xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:11 pm

I do think it is down to the journey Daisy - it unsettles some a little more than others, she has had a drink and found her wheel - food next - at least she has some good padding so it will not do her any harm to loose a couple of ounces xx
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:32 pm

Awww, bless her! She'll get there. She's obviously had a good apetite before, so it sounds like all new changes and the journey has unsettled her. I'm sure with all the love and care you're giving her, she will be right as rain soon. x x
Back to top Go down
tiggyhedgehog

tiggyhedgehog

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:35 pm

Yeah I guess so, I was just worried that's all. Yeah she is a little chubby girl! Xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:53 pm

She will get there Daisy - something will just "click" and then she will realise that she has a loving home to enjoy - you know where I am chuck xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..   Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes .. - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rescues Looking for their Forever Homes ..
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next