Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Butterfly Conservation - East Scotland Branch

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Butterfly Conservation - East Scotland Branch Empty
PostSubject: Butterfly Conservation - East Scotland Branch   Butterfly Conservation - East Scotland Branch Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 2:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is the Merveille du Jour moth - fantastic or what? It's on the wing now and mostly associated with woods containing oaks as the caterpillar feed on the flowers and leaves of these trees during spring and early summer. Not really seen by day so perhaps it should be named Merveille de la Nuit?
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

Butterfly Conservation - East Scotland Branch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Butterfly Conservation - East Scotland Branch   Butterfly Conservation - East Scotland Branch Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 5:31 pm

He is fantastic. I am going to start breeding moppets and buttie-Boos (my pet names for butterflies and moths) this spring with the help of a lady who knows all about it. I am really looking forward to it and I will concentrate on those with dwindling numbers. This little chap is a cutie, again, I wanted to reach out and pick him up.

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down

Butterfly Conservation - East Scotland Branch
Page 1 of 1