Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New addition to pethau pigog....

Go down 
+4
maddi
Leanne
tayer
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tayer
tayer

New addition to pethau pigog.... Empty
PostSubject: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 9:38 am

And I'll let you all know in a few hours....hahaha
Gonna tease you all....I'll put a pic in when I pick him up.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by tayer on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 2:19 pm

His names dexter a 2 year old male.
So an old man, he is friendly, seems happy, on his own....he prefers the ground to hammocks etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Leanne

Leanne

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 4:12 pm

Aww he's a cutie:) I'd love to have a rat but can't get past the long tails:( x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 4:16 pm

I used to be married to a rat!
Back to top Go down
maddi

maddi

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 4:42 pm

Hello scrumptious!!! He looks like my boy Bernard Smile
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 5:18 pm

He is amazing, kids love him, Iestyn doesn't like many animals but adored dexter, even asked to have him in his new bedroom, he is sniffley....do you suggest anything maddi or is it a common thing....his tail looks a patchy brown like dry? It's not all pink?
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 6:19 pm

See his tail?
Back to top Go down
maddi

maddi

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Thats normal old man rat tail Smile

I know he's probably been on his own for a while but I would be inclined to get him a couple of friends - they really do so much better with company (plus it takes the pressure off you as an owner for getting him out).

See my boy Batman has a similar tail:
Back to top Go down
maddi

maddi

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 6:47 pm

And with the sniffly is it sneezing or wheezing or wet sniffing? What bedding does he have?
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 6:54 pm

It's a wet sniffle...he was on cotton and wood pellets, but I put him on a fleece liner like the hogs and put the pellets in a corner litter tray, which he probably won't use...and I bought a few hammocks, he lives in a shoe box?!
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 6:56 pm

I think I may wanna get some more, will look into it...having dexter, was a random thing how it came about and fair do's to the lady gave me everything for free.
Back to top Go down
maddi

maddi

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 7:01 pm

BAH...Silly people...The wood pellets are no good, they can cause dust and sniffles. I use a dust extracted paper based bedding (think carefresh but cheaper) even just shredded paper is ok. I have a friend in Swindon (an hour and a half from you) who does rat rescue and breeding so I can hook you up with some rats if you wanted either breeder bred ones or rescues Smile Rats do litter train really well actually so he might get it Smile
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 7:05 pm

Ahhhh thanks...shredded paper or care fresh I have here....lucky I didn't buy any more of the pellets...Wink I hoovered it all out of the base of the cage, he snuggled into the fleece...lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Sounds like he is settling right in Tayer - he is lovely x
Back to top Go down
maddi

maddi

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 7:10 pm

They do love fleece but he'll destroy it Wink

Shredded paper is better than carefresh IMO Smile Any other questions give me a shout!
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 7:18 pm

Thanks maddi, I did get told...
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 7:59 pm

Aww, he is gorgeous Tayer.x and love Batman too Maddi! Very Happy x
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:18 am

Aww he looks sweet Smile
Back to top Go down
sue caldwell

sue caldwell

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 1:26 pm

hello dexter you are a handsome ratty x
Back to top Go down
maddi

maddi

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:36 pm

If you wanted to join a friendly helpful rat forum I know a great one Smile Just ask me for the link - then i'll let the admins know who you are (we have to approve each member by knowing someone on the forum)
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 6:42 pm

Ok, thanks, I'll msg you when iv moved and settled in, iv read up on a food mixture, etc...you can tell he is an old man, he hasn't much energy...just wants to cuddle up and sleep...Sad hasn't eaten an awful lot either and iv put out 3 different bowls of foods...I'll give him fresh fruit and veg tomorrow...Wink
Back to top Go down
horsy

horsy

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:16 pm

He is lovely . Had a pet rat when I was 16 they are lovely pets if you spend a bit of time with them x
Back to top Go down
maddi

maddi

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 9:16 pm

I was going to mention food mixtures but didn't want to overwhelm you with rat knowledge just yet!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] They do a really good (albeit expensive) complete rat mix.

I make up my own food from 3 or 4 different things though Smile
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 10:11 am

I don't want to change too much s he has been on what ever he has been eating for past 2 years...but I'll gradually add things IMO his mix maybe...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New addition to pethau pigog....   New addition to pethau pigog.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New addition to pethau pigog....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next