Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New to this

Go down 
+2
sue caldwell
Kaddyjatou
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaddyjatou

New to this Empty
PostSubject: New to this   New to this Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 8:15 pm

Hi, I am new to the hedgehog world, I collect my baby on June 14th he is a choc pinto, and adorable! I went to visit him, he is so friendly, I simply cannot wait, I have a cage set up with everything he needs, but my question is on food? I know I will have some from the breeder, I know they eat cat biscuits, but should I get kitten form? Look forward to getting to know you thanks in advance:)
Back to top Go down
sue caldwell

sue caldwell

New to this Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this   New to this Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 9:50 pm

hi and welcome, I only have one hog named errol, he is one of Helens padded hoggies x I feed him on a mix of go cat , p@h purely chicken and rabbit as advised by Helen, these are eaten daily but his meat and veg are what he really enjoys turkey being his favourite. plus dried mealworms and the odd live waxworm. if you look under the different headings on the forum you can get lots of help and information ,but keep asking questions best way to learn
Back to top Go down
gems

gems

New to this Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this   New to this Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 10:20 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum Smile

Check out the stickies at the top of each section and if your still not sure then just ask
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

New to this Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this   New to this Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 11:26 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum, you tend to try and keep them on the same food for the 1st few weeks, to not upset their tummy...then gradually wean them onto other brands...! Kitten food us quite high in fat, so breeders will only use that to gain some extra weight.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
tashuka

tashuka

New to this Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this   New to this Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 12:36 am

Welcome, it's so exciting preparing and getting them home! These guys and girls are the best, the more questions you ask the more you learn! Tho defiantly work your way through the sticky threads to brush up your APH knowledge

My Sebastian, one of tayer's, loves his mince, I boiled then part fried a batch and then blended it a bit with some veggies and put it in ice cube trays to freeze. I defrost one every other nice or so, empty bowl every night it's on offer. I also have a mix of 5 different types of cat biscuits tho as I get low I'll by one brand and mix in each time. Cat biscuits are always down along with fresh water. Sebastian isn't too fussed on mealies, I bought him some live and he poo poo'd them, but the dried ones go down well on the odd occasion.

I did wonder on the kitten food front weather a small amount in the mix would help keep a steady weight gain, I didn't bother in the end and Seb seems to be plateau ing out now gaining very little each week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.natasha-tresadern-hill.co.uk
tayer
tayer

New to this Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this   New to this Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 8:21 am

I will add a kitten biscuit now and again, but iv bought james wellbeloved light 40 with purina and iams and they have put on a lovely bit of weight, looking a nice shape the past few weeks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Kaddyjatou

New to this Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this   New to this Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 1:24 pm

Thank you all for the welcome and the replies, I am so excited, his igloo arrived today:)
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

New to this Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this   New to this Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 7:59 pm

A very warm welcome to you love.

Hugs
JO xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to this Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to this   New to this Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to this
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum :: Welcome :: Introductions-