Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Che Heatlamps

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Galaxygirl

Galaxygirl

Che Heatlamps Empty
PostSubject: Che Heatlamps   Che Heatlamps Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 9:28 am

Hello,

Just wondering as i am new to che's heatlamps - What do i need?! What products are best?! Any advice or products you can advise me with would be great!

My flat gets very cold at this time of the year so i don't think a heatmat will suffice - i feel Kiwi would spend most of her time on it instead of being as active (i hate getting out of my bed into this freezing flat in the morning, so don't blame her! And i am thinking a heatlamp would be better all round here but have no idea where to start! Also are they expensive to run/can you leave them on or do you set timers?

Sorry if any of these questions are silly! Haha
Back to top Go down
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

Che Heatlamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Che Heatlamps   Che Heatlamps Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 11:52 am

For a CHE you will need the following:-

Ceramic Bulb Holder
CHE - depending on size of Kiwi's home either a 60 watt or 100 watt
Temperature Thermostat ( Not a mat stat)

I tend to find that Habistat are the best for the stats - will try and find a link for them x
Back to top Go down
http://www.simplyexotichedgehogs.co.uk
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

Che Heatlamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Che Heatlamps   Che Heatlamps Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 11:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You can use the pulse proportional thermostats as well but they are more expensive and both do the same job x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

Che Heatlamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Che Heatlamps   Che Heatlamps Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 6:58 pm

Che I don't use....but someone did adk if they are more expensive to run compared to a heat mat.?? What you think...?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

Che Heatlamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Che Heatlamps   Che Heatlamps Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 8:14 pm

A heat mat is typically 11 watts ish so they are cheaper to run that a CHE as they are 60 watts/100 watts - you can always use a bigger heat mat - I have one that runs along the bottom of Hector's viv as he is on the bottom of the stack in the kitchen - he is toasty warm x
Back to top Go down
Galaxygirl

Galaxygirl

Che Heatlamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Che Heatlamps   Che Heatlamps Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 9:49 pm

I think in that case i might use a bigger heatmat, sounds like a good idea and always been more on the heatmat side but thought something that maintains an ambient temperature would be better. May get a heatmat to cover half the viv then the half with food, litter and wheel can be cooler as she sometimes splats just outside where the heatmat is when she is warm.

I currently have a 33' petnap, will need to make measurements to see what will fit!
Back to top Go down
Galaxygirl

Galaxygirl

Che Heatlamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Che Heatlamps   Che Heatlamps Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 10:16 pm

HI, ended up going with cheat emitters and getting the pulse thermostat which can hold up to 600 watts so should be able to control 2 emitters, BUT

Which viv should i put the stat sensor in?

Currently i have the sensor in the bottom with Kiwi, Rocket on top with no sensor. Stat is set at 26, and it is spot on in Kiwi's viv but Rockets is about 28/29 degrees which is a bit tooooo toasty for my liking ideally id like them both around the same, maybe Rockets a bit lower, Kiwi needs hers higher as she has been prone to hibernation attempts if she isn't toasty.

If i put it in the top, will the top remain accurate to temp and the bottom one heat over a bit?

I can buy another stat, just think its a bit of a waste given i can technically run more than one emitter on it, just wish there were more sensors! :/ Failing all that i may just lower the temps, switch rocket to the cooler viv and kiwi to the top one so she is warmer - complicated!

Be perfect if i could get them both about 25/26 (my kitchen can get chilly at night, being safer than sorry)
Back to top Go down
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

Che Heatlamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Che Heatlamps   Che Heatlamps Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 11:29 pm

Heat rises so in theory the top viv will get warmer - the bottom vivs tend to be a bit cooler - you can buy a stick on thermostat for about £ 4.00 which will give you a constant read x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Che Heatlamps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Che Heatlamps   Che Heatlamps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Che Heatlamps
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum :: Health, Care and Habitat :: Hedgehog Housing & Environmental Enrichment-
Jump to: