Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a sad short term addition...

Go down 
+5
hoggyhugs
dovaston
Nellie
pammie
angriesthedgehog
9 posters
AuthorMessage
angriesthedgehog

angriesthedgehog

a sad short term addition... Empty
PostSubject: a sad short term addition...   a sad short term addition... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 11:51 pm

This stray old lady turned up at the OH's house last week. She is skin and bone, suffering with arthritis, covered in fleas and had worms too. But she is such a little sweetheart, loves fuss and follows you as much as she can.

Well after a vet visit and blood tests, turns out she also has cancer and is far too old and bad condition for any kind of op... so we have some meds to make her comfortable to hopefully give her a few weeks of luxury before sending her off over the bridge.

So meet Halo (so named cos of the rings in her eyes).... someone must have loved her once as she is so friendly and has a ring of white hairs on her neck suggesting she has had a collar. Wonder how she ended up abandoned on the streets!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just will make her short time with us as happy as possible!
Back to top Go down
pammie
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
pammie

PostSubject: Re: a sad short term addition...   a sad short term addition... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 6:52 am

Aww gorgeous, well done Hayley x
Back to top Go down
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

PostSubject: Re: a sad short term addition...   a sad short term addition... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 9:47 am

The animal angel you are Hayley xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.simplyexotichedgehogs.co.uk
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

PostSubject: Re: a sad short term addition...   a sad short term addition... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 10:53 am

Awwww....I am sure she will be happy with you Hayley xxx
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: a sad short term addition...   a sad short term addition... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 7:28 pm

What a wonderful person you are hun. My little cat Tilly who is no longer with us turned up on my doorstep when I lived in Shropshire, she lived for 10 years. I gave her a happy life and I think it is lovely that you are dong the same for this lovely little kitty. Please keep us updated.

Hugs
JO xx
Back to top Go down
angriesthedgehog

angriesthedgehog

PostSubject: Re: a sad short term addition...   a sad short term addition... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 11:45 pm

so far this old lady has been doing well - she walks nearly normally now and the stiffness has almost gone from her neck. She is a lot more active - following us around and asking for fuss all the time. She is so sweet natured and affectionate! Its actually quite hard seeing her doing so well as you just know it wont last long and could be any time she starts failing. And when she does thats it. Really heartbreaking but just wanted her to have a few happy weeks if she can make it
Back to top Go down
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

PostSubject: Re: a sad short term addition...   a sad short term addition... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 7:45 am

And these happy weeks will make up for the neglect that this lady has had - she will know what you are doing for her and that will be her memory, not the ones before. A lot of people would have taken the easy option and let her go on that first trip to the vets and the fact that you are doing what you are, makes you one special lady and don't you forget that. You know it will not be for long but at least she found her way to you to spend these last few weeks. You should be proud of yourself x
Back to top Go down
http://www.simplyexotichedgehogs.co.uk
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: a sad short term addition...   a sad short term addition... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 1:32 pm

Awwwww, she's gorgeous. She really reminds me of my Pumps - she looks just like her in that photo. I'm glad she found you and she can live out her last days loved and happy. x x
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: a sad short term addition...   a sad short term addition... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 7:30 pm

Please give her a big cuddle from her auntie Jo Jo.

Hugs
JO xx
Back to top Go down
horsy

horsy

PostSubject: Re: a sad short term addition...   a sad short term addition... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 11:41 pm

That lovely she gets love and security for a little while xxx
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: a sad short term addition...   a sad short term addition... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 11:00 am

Hayley that is a lovely thing to do...I don't know how you do it, but your doing a great job....xxx
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: a sad short term addition...   a sad short term addition... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 6:55 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

PostSubject: Re: a sad short term addition...   a sad short term addition... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 9:15 pm

So glad she found her way to you Hayley.x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a sad short term addition...   a sad short term addition... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a sad short term addition...
Page 1 of 1