Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Girls.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

My Girls. Empty
PostSubject: My Girls.   My Girls. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 3:53 pm

I thought I'd post some photo's of all my hoggies, seeing as I have so many!

This is Pebbles. Pebbles is my first girl and a re-home. She is very huffy and pops lots. She does settle after a while though and then she's a total sweetheart. I have no idea why she is so huffy and nervy as she came from a loving home. She was only re-homed due to her owner moving overseas. Pebbles doesn't like me to talk to her, so we tend to have quiet cuddles. She really hates my husband Richard, even though he has never done anything to upset her. I find it really funny! I believe she wasn't keen on her first owners husband either, so maybe it's a man thing. She quite likes my son though and he is 19, so who knows! She loves her wheel, but she's not on it as much as she used to be now she is 3.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is Tilly. She is mum to my first two litters. She is almost 2 years old. Tilly is such a lovely hedgehog. She almost never huffs and loves a good snuggle. She also loves her kisses and enjoys being chatted to. She is an amazing mum. We have an excellent bond and she is always very keen to show me her babies. She used to be a very active hog, but she now prefers her comfort and the finer things in life! Tilly always seems to know when I'm not feeling myself and will give me extra snuggles and looks at me as if to say "I love you mummy", which is so heartwarming!

Meet Maisie. Maisie is another one of my rescues. We think she is around 3 years old. She was in a dreadful state when she first left her owner and it was clear she had been terribly neglected. She was very thin and her nails had grown so long they had curled under and dug into her feet. She isn't very steady on her feet and struggles to walk and balance, but is a very good wheeler. She has been with me over a year now, and I still find it hard to believe how friendly and trusting she is. She almost always falls asleep during snuggles, bless her. She really is a sweetheart!

This teeny tiny one is Betty. She is 6 months old. I had hoped she would join my breeding herd, but she is way too small to pair up. She is such a cutie and is only the size of a ten week old hoglet. She is an absolute pleasure to spend time with. She is so friendly and she witters to herself as she's going about her business - it's the cutest thing! Everyone who meets her falls in love with her and she is more than happy to soak up every bit of attention she gets. Even though she is my smallest hog, she is always the first one out for her tea and loves her food. Since she was a hoglet, she has loved going down my top. She likes to snuggle herself right into my armpit and will stay there for hours!

Meet Belle. Belle is also one of my rescues. We have been told she is about 3 years old. It is very obvious she has never been given any attention, hasn't been fed fresh food until coming to live here (she'll eat everything I give her now), or ever used a wheel. She has the hang of it now, thankfully. She is super scared of being handled, and it is with some reluctance that I have made the decision to leave her to herself. She is happy enough in her viv and will even come to the open door to listen to me singing and chatting. It's just being touched that scares her. As much as I would love to spend more time with her, I think it is much kinder not to handle her as I feel it is far too stressful for her.

The final girl in my herd is Jinx. She is a lovely girl who also likes to witter to herself now and then. She is only a baby at 3 months old. She is quite shy at the moment as she is still quilling, but when she comes out she is a lovely girl. She is a major wheeler and her wheel is always the dirtiest! She is also my biggest foodie and will eat anything and everything I give her. I think she will be a big girl when she is fully grown. I am hoping to pair her up in March  - fingers crossed she will make some very beautiful babies one day!

Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

My Girls. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Girls.   My Girls. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 4:23 pm

Lovely to see them all together Mel - you are our super foster hog mum and I would be lost without you xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.simplyexotichedgehogs.co.uk
angriesthedgehog

angriesthedgehog

My Girls. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Girls.   My Girls. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 5:46 pm

how weird is that I was actually thinking shall i do an updated herd photoshoot soon :p

beat me to it :p

lovely hoggles and so many rescues! *waves to Jinx*
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

My Girls. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Girls.   My Girls. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 7:28 pm

Absolutely lovely little girls you have hun, I think Maisie is in sleepy mode LOL!

Hugs
Jo xx
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

My Girls. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Girls.   My Girls. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 8:37 pm

ahhhh beautiful...it is nice to see them all together...xxx
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

My Girls. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Girls.   My Girls. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:00 pm

Cheers everyone!

Maisie is always in sleepy mode during cuddles. She relaxes so quickly. It only takes her about 10 minutes and she's gone, lol! x x
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk
Sponsored content

My Girls. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Girls.   My Girls. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Girls.
Page 1 of 1