Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Beautiful poppy xx

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Beautiful poppy xx Empty
PostSubject: Beautiful poppy xx   Beautiful poppy xx Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 7:33 pm

Beautiful poppy xx <a href=Beautiful poppy xx Poppy010" />

Beautiful poppy xx <a href=Beautiful poppy xx 20150314" />

Beautiful poppy xx <a href=Beautiful poppy xx 20150315" />

Beautiful poppy xx <a href=Beautiful poppy xx 20150316" />

Is this rash anything to worry about or is this with being overweight?

Beautiful poppy xx <a href=Beautiful poppy xx 20150317" />

Is there something in her ear?

Beautiful poppy xx <a href=Beautiful poppy xx 20150318" />
Back to top Go down

Beautiful poppy xx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful poppy xx   Beautiful poppy xx Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 7:56 pm

She looks like a cuddly teddy very pretty little lady xx
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

Beautiful poppy xx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful poppy xx   Beautiful poppy xx Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 8:35 pm

It looks like she's lost an area of her quills there rather than a rash. Does she have dry skin? It's possible it's a fungal infection. Does she have any yellowy build up of skin on her face at all? The ears look waxy to me. Sometimes wax can build up like that rather than fall out naturally, but it can also be a sign of fungal infection too. I'm assuming she wont let you near her ears? The wax is a nice light colour though from what I can see. I read somewhere that dark coloured wax, almost black can be a problem, but this doesn't look anything to worry about.

If you wanted to try treating her for fungus without a trip to the vets, you can use Beaphar Anti Ringworm spray. You can pick it up from Pets at home for about £8. I've used it on 2 of my hoggies and had no problems and it helped a treat! x x
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk
sue caldwell

sue caldwell

Beautiful poppy xx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful poppy xx   Beautiful poppy xx Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 8:41 pm

Wow if she was a chocolate bar she would be  a yorkie such a gorjus chunk of hoggie her brown nose is lovely xx if area looks sore or dry could you use humilin spray its really helped Errol x
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

Beautiful poppy xx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful poppy xx   Beautiful poppy xx Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 8:49 pm

Do you mean Humilac Sue? Humilac spray is amazing stuff for dry skin! I put a sample in my care packs. It really helped Jinx when she was quilling. Her relief was instant. It all depends if it's fungal or not.

She's gorgeous Caz!

x x
Back to top Go down

Beautiful poppy xx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful poppy xx   Beautiful poppy xx Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 8:54 pm

She does have really dry skin,I can't get near her ears  xx her face is fluffy she's proper gorgeous,she makes squeaky noises like she's talking xx
Back to top Go down
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

Beautiful poppy xx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful poppy xx   Beautiful poppy xx Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 10:08 pm

I think the skin will be down to poor diet as well - she was fed Spikes food which is a no go really, get her on a better diet and it will help the skin and she has always had the bald patch according to her previous owner, if it was fungal I would expect to see more of it over her body - when she settles just try and clean the ear and see how she goes - she is quiet overweight and hopefully getting on her wheel will help with that and a better diet will help with the skin being dry.

She needs to settle in before throwing too much at her - the humilac spray is a good thing to try that isn't too intrusive .

I think that when she settles, gets her upgraded home and learns to use a playpen and wheel a lot of things will sort themselves out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.simplyexotichedgehogs.co.uk

Beautiful poppy xx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful poppy xx   Beautiful poppy xx Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 10:14 pm

Yeah bless her just going to get her into routine she is a sweet girl xx
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

Beautiful poppy xx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful poppy xx   Beautiful poppy xx Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 10:15 pm

Ah, yeah - I'd forgotten about the Spikes. Helens right about diet so it is most likely the Spikes that has caused it. Can I put it down to baby brain seeing as I have a hoglet, lol ?!!! x x
Back to top Go down

Beautiful poppy xx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful poppy xx   Beautiful poppy xx Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 9:50 am

Lol Mel, she is using her wheel plenty of wee and poop on that this morning think she was racing Oscar xx
Back to top Go down
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

Beautiful poppy xx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful poppy xx   Beautiful poppy xx Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 9:57 am

I bet she is so chuffed having a wheel - go Poppy you will soon be a slimline choggie xx So pleased for her and for you chuck x
Back to top Go down

Beautiful poppy xx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful poppy xx   Beautiful poppy xx Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 10:23 am

I'm a very proud hog mummy of 2 and they are both very clean hogs as well she's taken a liking to the large fleece pouch and I have noticed she has eaten a little which is fab xx
Back to top Go down

Beautiful poppy xx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful poppy xx   Beautiful poppy xx Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 10:50 am

Yay 4ft mussel viv is ordered should be here tues or wed xx
Back to top Go down
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

Beautiful poppy xx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful poppy xx   Beautiful poppy xx Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 11:03 am

She will enjoy the bigger space Caz - she has landed on her lucky hoggie feet x
Back to top Go down

Beautiful poppy xx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful poppy xx   Beautiful poppy xx Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 11:32 am

She's having butterfly's and flowers in her viv which I have ordered,she gets the best from now on and it will be nice seeing her progress xx
Back to top Go down
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

Beautiful poppy xx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful poppy xx   Beautiful poppy xx Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 11:33 am

I shall look forward to updates and just keep hold of that little viv - you never know if I may have to call on you again and although small, believe me, it is better than some of the things I have had rescues handed over in xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beautiful poppy xx Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful poppy xx   Beautiful poppy xx Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beautiful poppy xx
Page 1 of 1