Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Pet Cockraches

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hoggyhugs

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 9:36 pm

I put cockroaches in the title because I know many of you do not like buggies, but I am very fond of my little pets. My two Madagascan Hissing Cockroaches, Rosie and Alfie Cuddle-Bugs have had babies so I guess that makes me a grandma. They are so cute.

Quite understand if you don't want to share, but I really love them.

Hugs
Jo xxx
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 4:11 pm

Awwww, I'd love to see a photo. I personally love them! Very Happy x x
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk
hoggyhugs

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 9:00 pm

Oh Mell love, you are wonderful, thank you so much for saying that. I have lost my camera charger and cannot buy another one until next week but when I have it, I will post some photos. Very Happy

Hugs
JO xx
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 7:43 am

Aw, can't wait for the photos Jo. Smile i love Madagascan hissing cockroaches. Got to hold one at the bug world that used to be in Liverpool. He was lovely. Smile x
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 9:13 pm

Bless you too Fiona, they are cute little guys aren't they? I hope the chap will have been able to get the battery charger for me, I will have to see next week. The babies do not understand "Stand Still" at the moment so they might be a bit difficult to catch on camera LOL!! I will however take mum (Rosie) and Dad (Alfie) out and take their piccies. Thank you for your kind words and interest. I also have some Giant leaf cockroaches but they just will not come out. They are very beautiful so I will take a couple of photos of those too.

Hugs
Jo xx
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 10:28 pm

Aww, the ones i've met have been lovely. I can imagine the babies will be impossible to catch on camera! Very Happy looking forward to pics of Rosie and Alfie! Smile x
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 8:29 pm

Thank you Fiona love, yes, the babies won't keep still for a moment. They are so cute though, little round bums and stumpy feelers LOL!! I will post pics of Alfie and Rosie as soon as I can. Your interest hunny is much appreciated.

Hugs
Jo xx
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 10:12 pm

Aww, little round bums! Haha. Cute! :)x
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 8:36 pm

Thanks Fiona darling, they are adorable. Mummy and babies are all doing well, dad tends to keep out of the way as usual and leave all the work to mum LOL!! They are venturing out from under the half a cocohut I have in there which is good because I was worried about them not eating.

Hugs
Jo xx
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 10:29 pm

Haha, typical male heh?! Smile
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 6:52 pm

Isn't is just love LOL?!! Alfie, Rose and the babies are doing well although there seem to be less babies. I do hope they haven't eaten them!!

Hugs
Jo xx
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 1:25 pm

I got to hold one at Blackpool Zoo. I really didn't like them until then, but he had such gentle little feet. I shall dig out the photo of me holding him! Very Happy x x
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 1:27 pm

Here we are! Not the best photo mind you! x x

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 1:34 pm

Ahhhh, excellent! Very Happy they are so delicate and yet look so armoured don't they. Smile x
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 1:44 pm

I didn't realise till that day just how much they do for the environment - I was most impressed! Very Happy x
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 1:49 pm

Nature's cleaning team. Smile
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 10:20 pm

Thank you for sharing this Mell darling, I love the way you describe their gentle little feet, it is so true. Yes Fiona love, they are armoured, their little tops are quite sturdy. Very Happy Very worried though, I have only seen one baby today, I really hope they haven't eaten them all. Sad

Hugs
Jo xx
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 7:48 am

Oh dear. Hope not Jo.x
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 8:37 pm

Hello ladies, thank you for your continued interest, it is really appreciated. I think we may have a bit of a problem, they do not eat their babies but Virginia (the lady I had them from) says there is a good chance they may have escaped. At the moment I have the in one of those standard large plastic vivariums which has holes in the top and the side and of course, makes any baby cockroach want to leave the nest and explore because they are too silly to know when they are well off. I will just have to keep a look out for them and seriously look into getting a more suitable (and of course more expensive) home for them. Something which doesn't have holes and yet still gets the air.

Rosie and Alfie are fine, I really thought the babies would stay with mum, what a clot am I LOL?!!

Hugs
JO xx
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 9:20 pm

Ahh Jo, hope you find them. Certainly are curious little critters aren't they!x
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 10:35 pm

I discovered today that mum Rosie has moved them all to another part of the viv and some were buried under the choller wood so all is not lost. I did manage to rescue two little escapees and put them back. The ladies I had them from recommends I put netting under the lid which s a great idea, however finding somewhere in Liskeard which sells netting is a tadge difficult, I suppose I will have to go to Trago Mills (UGH!). Will keep you posted.

Hugs
JO xxx
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 7:46 am

Aww, glad you found them Jo.x
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 8:42 pm

I have found some pink netting which I have placed under the lid so we shouldn't have anymore little runaways.

Hugs
JO xx
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 9:09 pm

Thanks Fiona love, I have found some pink netting which I have put under the lid so we shouldn't have anymore little runaways.

Hugs
Jo xx
Back to top Go down
fionac
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
fionac

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 10:21 pm

Aw, hope not Jo. Smile x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Pet Cockraches Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Pet Cockraches   My Pet Cockraches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Pet Cockraches
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum :: Pets Corner :: Other animals-
Jump to: