Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thermostat setting up help please

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Thermostat setting up help please  Empty
PostSubject: Thermostat setting up help please    Thermostat setting up help please  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 10:20 pm

Just wondering where you put the sensor thing does it go under the fleece or above I'm confused does anyone have a picture of one setup in a Viv some ppl put heat mat inside the Viv some don't what should I do? I need to set 3 up on Friday as my living room is cooler I'm moving the hedgies there then xx
Back to top Go down
sue caldwell

sue caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Thermostat setting up help please    Thermostat setting up help please  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 10:41 pm

My sensor is for a che but it is on back wall of the viv just under half the height if that helps x
Back to top Go down
sue caldwell

sue caldwell

PostSubject: Re: Thermostat setting up help please    Thermostat setting up help please  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 10:42 pm

I usually put the heat mat under the fleece in the zoozone when we are away x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thermostat setting up help please    Thermostat setting up help please  Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2015 10:52 pm

Thanks sue so stick the temp thing on back wall half way xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thermostat setting up help please    Thermostat setting up help please  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 4:32 pm

This is the only picture I could find on google is this the way the heatmat should be in the Viv? Which part on this Viv should the sensor thing go just so I know as tinker may have a nibble so do I tape it to the wall? Xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thermostat setting up help please    Thermostat setting up help please  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 4:33 pm

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
Back to top Go down
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

PostSubject: Re: Thermostat setting up help please    Thermostat setting up help please  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 7:18 pm

If you stack them, you can put the heat mats between the vivs - that way they heat up and down - if you are not stacking them, it is rare for a hog to nibble wires as they are not gnawing animals like mice - the bottom vivs on my stack, I just pop the mat in like in the picture
Back to top Go down
http://www.simplyexotichedgehogs.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Thermostat setting up help please    Thermostat setting up help please  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 7:22 pm

And where abouts do you put the little temp monitor bit that measures the temp? I will do that Helen makes sense now thankyou xx
Back to top Go down
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

PostSubject: Re: Thermostat setting up help please    Thermostat setting up help please  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 8:44 am

I will be honest, I don't actually use them - never have done since I first started using them 12 years ago - the sensor would have to be two thirds of the way down the viv - my problem is that I have the log cabins/pigloos for them to sleep in so don't know if the sensor works anyway - I have half the mat under their sleeping quarters and the rest out into the viv - I use habistat heat mats and have never had a problem with any of their mats in the 12 years I have used them x
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thermostat setting up help please    Thermostat setting up help please  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 9:33 am

thankyou Helen I will set them up Friday if I set them at 23 will that be just right for them do you think xx
Back to top Go down
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

PostSubject: Re: Thermostat setting up help please    Thermostat setting up help please  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2015 5:11 pm

It will be fine x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thermostat setting up help please    Thermostat setting up help please  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thermostat setting up help please
Page 1 of 1