Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ali - My New Patient

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

Ali - My New Patient Empty
PostSubject: Ali - My New Patient   Ali - My New Patient Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 11:19 am

Meet Ali - she is coming to me via Irene at Warrington Hedgehog Rescue.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

She is currently with Irene but she needs a dedicated carer who can give her a lot of attention due to her wounds and internal parasites and with Irene having so many to look after she has asked if I will take on her care.

She has approx. 10 different wounds to her body - they are slowly healing but they need to be checked daily as some are still seeping pus - she is having treatment for these and also anti biotics to help her heal.

Up to now, she has been showing little signs of eating and she is currently being syringe fed which needs to be done four/five times a day and Irene works full time as well. Last night she shuffled to her mousse feed so hopefully it is signs she is beginning to feel better.

She has round worm and lung worm and has had her initial treatment for these but she will need further injections which Irene is pre-loaded the required doses for me so I can inject according to her treatment plan.

She will also need to go and see Patrick for possible sedation to inspect the wounds further but at the moment, she is a little too weak - I shall be popping to see Patrick today as I need to run through her current medication as there are a couple I will need to ask him to supply.

I am a little nervous, this is the first time I have been asked to take on the care of a poorly hog via another rescue and I do feel a tad honoured to be entrusted with her care.

She is arrived tomorrow and Melanie has kindly lent me a large Zoozone to move Naughty Nellie into so that Ali can go into the smaller Zoozone1 which is more suitable for her given her current condition.

All set up for her, heat mat on, lots of nice fleece for her to snuggle in to and first aid kit and notes ready !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.simplyexotichedgehogs.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Ali - My New Patient   Ali - My New Patient Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 12:24 pm

Oh gosh hope shes better soon xx
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Ali - My New Patient   Ali - My New Patient Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 3:23 pm

I know I've already said this, but you will be just fine!! Poor little Ali has had a rotten time by the looks of her, but with the medicines and some of your tlc, I reckon she will pull through. x x
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

PostSubject: Re: Ali - My New Patient   Ali - My New Patient Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 6:04 pm

The good news is that a switch in medication seems to have done the trick and she has put 20 grams on - have been to see Patrick and have what I need for tomorrow and Wednesday and she is going to see him on Thursday - ordered one of the medicines in for me as it will be useful to have on hand anyway - her home is all ready for her x
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: Ali - My New Patient   Ali - My New Patient Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 10:09 am

You can do it Nellie, she will be as right as rain in no time. What are those terrible injuries with all the white and bumps, are they bites? Poor little love but she cannot be in better hands. Please keep us posted.

Hugs
Jo xx
Back to top Go down
Nellie
Admin/Owner
Admin/Owner
Nellie

PostSubject: Re: Ali - My New Patient   Ali - My New Patient Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 7:57 pm

Well she has had her name lengthened a tad- Alice as she is now known as

Patrick has seen her today and we have her treatment plan all wrote up, following on from Irene he will continue to give the Betamox injections initially - booked in for Thursday for her next one and he can look at her wounds as well.

He has just asked me to hold the anti septic baths for now as he wants to see the wounds drying out to make sure they are heading in the right direction. Nothing can be done for the toe that she is missing and she moves about very well.

Eating the recovery diet and no interest in cat meat at the moment but Irene has brought me a couple of tins of it and Patrick has given me her loxicom to make sure she is pain free.

Will get a better photo of her tomorrow but you can tell she is starting to eat as she did a really big poop!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ali - My New Patient   Ali - My New Patient Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2016 8:28 pm

Poop is always a good sign xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ali - My New Patient   Ali - My New Patient Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ali - My New Patient
Page 1 of 1