Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can Hedgehogs Swim

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Can Hedgehogs Swim Empty
PostSubject: Can Hedgehogs Swim   Can Hedgehogs Swim Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 1:38 pm

Hedgehogs can swim, but will eventually tire and drown if they are unable to escape from the water. Swimming pools should have a plank of wood on the surface on which the hedgehog can climb to await rescue. Ponds should have an escape route fitted to the the side of them, these can be made with chicken wire or make a ramp the hedgehog can use. Don’t make this too steep, as it could get slippery when wet.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Can Hedgehogs Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Hedgehogs Swim   Can Hedgehogs Swim Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:33 pm

This would be in the wildes . I also have seen lots of videos with APH who are scrambling to try and get out of the water .
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Josie

Josie

Can Hedgehogs Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Hedgehogs Swim   Can Hedgehogs Swim Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:54 pm

ive seen vids of ppl "bathing" them in a very deep sink...

i will tell my mum about the plank for the swimming pool, it is covered atm but it will be open for summer xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Can Hedgehogs Swim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can Hedgehogs Swim   Can Hedgehogs Swim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can Hedgehogs Swim
Page 1 of 1