Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hedgehogs caught, cooked and eaten

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Hedgehogs caught, cooked and eaten Empty
PostSubject: Hedgehogs caught, cooked and eaten   Hedgehogs caught, cooked and eaten Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 1:41 pm

Local Gypsies are catching hedgehogs and selling them for £5 each to be cooked and eaten

The local newspaper was alerted about it and told me.
The Police and RSPCA are investigating

Everybody, watch out for this. If you hear anything, contact your Local Police, RSPCA, Local paper and alert everybody you can about it

We MUST get evidence:

Get as many details as you can: Car registration number. Physical descriptions. Take photos on your mobile phone.

This will not be an isolated case. Gypsies are all over the country. They are catching hedgehogs on a daily basis. These tribes will eat 10 or 12 hedgehogs for one meal. No wonder so many areas have no hedgehogs. They have been eaten

How much more abuse can one species take? Yet another nail in the hedgehog's coffin

This is a copy of the article that appeared in the Epping Forest Guardian

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs caught, cooked and eaten   Hedgehogs caught, cooked and eaten Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:25 pm

I am aware of this , back in the day .. it was very common for travellers to cover the in clay cook them and then remove the clay this would remove the spikes and expose the flesh .... I didn't think it was as common now ... :O(
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Sian

Sian

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs caught, cooked and eaten   Hedgehogs caught, cooked and eaten Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 6:00 pm

I've heard of this too Sad xx
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs caught, cooked and eaten   Hedgehogs caught, cooked and eaten Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 6:33 pm

i know they eat road kill, but that isnt a pic of a wildie thats an APH??
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehogs caught, cooked and eaten   Hedgehogs caught, cooked and eaten Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hedgehogs caught, cooked and eaten
Page 1 of 1