Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should I Get a Friend for my Hedgehog?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Josie

Josie

Should I Get a Friend for my Hedgehog? Empty
PostSubject: Should I Get a Friend for my Hedgehog?   Should I Get a Friend for my Hedgehog? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 11:36 pm

Hedgehogs do not seem to crave the companionship of other hedgehogs, so it is fine to keep a single hedgehog. In fact, if hedgehogs do not get along, they will fight, somtimes inflicting serious damage to one another. For these reasons, it is generally best to stick with one hedgehog per cage.

Historically, african pygmy hedgehogs were considered solitary and the recommendation was to always house pet hedgehogs singly (one to a cage). Some people have found that females will sometimes accept female companions, though there is no guarantee that a hedgehog will accept a cage mate, and introductions must be made with caution.

NEVER attempt to house two males together
NEVER house a male and female together

Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

Should I Get a Friend for my Hedgehog? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I Get a Friend for my Hedgehog?   Should I Get a Friend for my Hedgehog? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 2:11 am

Really good post Josie... xx

xoxox
Back to top Go down

Should I Get a Friend for my Hedgehog?
Page 1 of 1