Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lights in vivs

Go down 
+2
Josie
Botty31
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Botty31

Botty31

Lights in vivs Empty
PostSubject: Lights in vivs   Lights in vivs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:22 pm

I have just fitted some lights into the hoggie homes. I was using the push battery ones but I found they ate batteries so these ones are electric. Do you think these will be ok? Smile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

Lights in vivs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lights in vivs   Lights in vivs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:24 pm

me too, my push lights dont last 5 minutes... this is a better idea. they look a bit bright, blinding! but maybe it's just the pics Laughing xxx
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

Lights in vivs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lights in vivs   Lights in vivs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:27 pm

How bright is the bulb Jo? Is it hot in the corner or just regular light bulb heat would you say? Do you turn them off when you go to bed?

xoxox
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

Lights in vivs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lights in vivs   Lights in vivs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:27 pm

i have them in my upstairs home made viv, and i find they warm up the viv, so as long as they are out of reach of hoggy, its a bonus all round!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Botty31

Botty31

Lights in vivs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lights in vivs   Lights in vivs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:31 pm

They are not as bright as they look in the photo ( if that makes sense) they are too high for the hedgehogs to reach them and they don't get too hot. I put them on late afternoon when it starts going dark and leave them on until about 8 pm then we get the hedgehogs out for an hour or so to play. Then when they go back in there homes it dark for them to rummage around :-) x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

Lights in vivs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lights in vivs   Lights in vivs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:33 pm

my viv is in my daughters room, so she uses the light as her night light, then i turn it off when i check on her, and thats when i get honey out!
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Lights in vivs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lights in vivs   Lights in vivs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:34 pm

The bulb looks very bright .. its not necessary to have lights in the vivs so im guessing its just for the look rather then then having any real use wouldnt use bulbs in my vivs .. I make sure mine are postitioned within a good light source .. x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
tayer
tayer

Lights in vivs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lights in vivs   Lights in vivs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:38 pm

its more to make it look nice at night...but there is pro's and con's in both electric and battery....i use battery ones in my new vivs...but electric in the home made one.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

Lights in vivs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lights in vivs   Lights in vivs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 2:45 pm

I have battery ones but don't use them don't think its necessary .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Leanne

Leanne

Lights in vivs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lights in vivs   Lights in vivs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 3:14 pm

I have to have lights in mine, as it is dark in my room and with the vivs been the very dark wood try wouldn't get the 12hr light needed. I put mine on at 7am and turn off bout 6 when hoggies come out to play
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lights in vivs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lights in vivs   Lights in vivs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lights in vivs
Page 1 of 1