Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QI-Ferrrets xxx

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Josie

Josie

QI-Ferrrets xxx Empty
PostSubject: QI-Ferrrets xxx   QI-Ferrrets xxx Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:16 am

Ferrets are the only member of the weasel family to have been domesticated.
Their scientific name mustela putorius furo translates as "musk bearing stinking theif"
During the 19th century ferrets were so dispised by farmers and gamekeepers it was hunted and gassed to near-extinction.
Ferrets are known to be as bold, curious and as responsive as puppies.
The ferret's "war-dance" involves it leaping backwards and sideways, chirping exitedly.
They sleep for up to 18 hours.
Female ferrets are jills, males are called hobs.
A hob has a penis shaped like a hockey stick.
Until the 1960's, ferrets were used to carry cable to inaccessible areas of Boeing aircraft as they were being built. They were replaced, as they often gave up and fell asleep halfway!
Ferrets have been used as a "humane" low-tech method of controlling rabbit populations since roman times.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

QI-Ferrrets xxx Empty
PostSubject: Re: QI-Ferrrets xxx   QI-Ferrrets xxx Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:41 am

I had two ferrets called Toffee and Caramel .. both rescues .. Toffee was a little old man and used to follow you everywhere .. but Toffee was a bugger ... the only thing with ferrets is the smell .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

QI-Ferrrets xxx Empty
PostSubject: Re: QI-Ferrrets xxx   QI-Ferrrets xxx Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 5:04 pm

I had two called Mork and Mindy... They were soooo funny and very entertaining too.

xoxox
Back to top Go down

QI-Ferrrets xxx Empty
PostSubject: Re: QI-Ferrrets xxx   QI-Ferrrets xxx Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 5:47 pm

I love ferrets - Kath takes in the unwanted ones and I have a wonderful time meeting hers x
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

QI-Ferrrets xxx Empty
PostSubject: Re: QI-Ferrrets xxx   QI-Ferrrets xxx Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 6:01 pm

i had 3...ben, willow and pip...ben was a pole cat so he was alot bigger then the average ferret...! but they do smell really bad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Lou

Lou

QI-Ferrrets xxx Empty
PostSubject: Re: QI-Ferrrets xxx   QI-Ferrrets xxx Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 7:25 pm

I use to love Mork and Mindy Mel .. lol .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

QI-Ferrrets xxx
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum :: Pets Corner :: Small Pets-
Jump to: