Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Many Hedgehogs to Keep

Go down 
+3
tayer
Lou
7 posters
AuthorMessage

How Many Hedgehogs to Keep Empty
PostSubject: How Many Hedgehogs to Keep   How Many Hedgehogs to Keep Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:29 pm

The number of hedgehogs you keep determines on how much time, space, and money you have to dedicate to them.

If you are raising hedgehogs, you will keep two to several animals. If you want just a companion, one is plenty. Keep your hedgehog population reasonable so that most of the time you spend with your hedgehogs is not spent cleaning up after them but having fun with them instead.

Please remember the following:-

Hedgehogs are naturally solitary animals

It is safest to house hedgehogs individually

Never house male hedgehogs together - males will fight and injure each other.

Do not house a male and female together unless you are breeding them.

Housing female hedgehogs together is not recommended. Some females get along together as long as there is plenty of space and hding places and enough food and water for all of them. With group housing there is no control over each animal's food and water consumption. There is usually one greedy glutton that eats most of the food and gains too much weight while the others lose weight.

Fights can break out suddenly among previously compatible females and they can injure each other.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hedgehogs to Keep   How Many Hedgehogs to Keep Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Great post Helen ...x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hedgehogs to Keep   How Many Hedgehogs to Keep Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:52 pm

thumbs up....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hedgehogs to Keep   How Many Hedgehogs to Keep Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:00 pm

hmm... i know i want another girly, but i dont want to compromise inca's time with me either... xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hedgehogs to Keep   How Many Hedgehogs to Keep Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:11 pm

Josie - I have 19 and make the time - organisation is the key and two girls should be able to play out together .
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hedgehogs to Keep   How Many Hedgehogs to Keep Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:15 pm

dave calls the flat the zoo and i only have inca and buster! defo getting another girly... i dont know where i will go from there... Laughing xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hedgehogs to Keep   How Many Hedgehogs to Keep Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Buster is fab - if Dave thinks your place is a zoo, god help him at my house - my mum says I should charge an entrance fee!
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hedgehogs to Keep   How Many Hedgehogs to Keep Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:48 pm

Lol! I'd pay! xxx
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hedgehogs to Keep   How Many Hedgehogs to Keep Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Fab post Helen.... Very Happy

xoxox
Back to top Go down
janey

janey

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hedgehogs to Keep   How Many Hedgehogs to Keep Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:52 am

Brilliant post xx
Back to top Go down
hoggyhugs

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hedgehogs to Keep   How Many Hedgehogs to Keep Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 2:42 pm

Well said love, I only have one at the moment and admit I can't afford any more presently. Lewie is however spoilt rotten LOL!!

Hugs

JO xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Many Hedgehogs to Keep   How Many Hedgehogs to Keep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Many Hedgehogs to Keep
Page 1 of 1