Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rabbit Sales Amnesty

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Rabbit Sales Amnesty Empty
PostSubject: Rabbit Sales Amnesty   Rabbit Sales Amnesty Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:24 pm

The Make Mine Chocolate! rabbit welfare campaign is again appealing to pet shops to suspend the sale of rabbits over the Easter period. This "sale amnesty" runs this year from Arpil 1 - 15

Make Mine Chocolate enlists the help of retailers to raise awareness of the welfare needs of the pet rabbit.

"With the amnesty in place to prevent impulse purchasing, retailers have an ideal opportunity to discuss responsible rabbit ownership, or alternative pet options, with potential new owners before a mistake is made and the rabbit ends up in rescue of something much worse" a spokesman said.

"This is the third year the rabbit sale amnesty has been held. Fantastic support was seen in 2011, with retailers really engaging with the campaign. Some swapped rabbits for chocolate bunnies in their animal enclosures, others worked with their local rabbit rescues, holding rabbit welfare events in store and handing out Make Mine Chocolate! care advice to potential new owners!

A rescue survery carried out by Make Mine Chocolate in 2010, revelaed that around 60% of rabbits entering the rescue did so within the first year of ownership. The campaign says this confirms that the long-term commitment of responsible rabbit ownership is not always being made by the owner at the time of purchase.

"Make Mine Chocolate! is working with retailers in order to ensure potential owners have all the information they need to give the rabbits in their care the long and happy life they deserve; this is great for the rabbit and fantastic for the retailer, who can then benefit from assocaited product sales for many years to come"

The Make Mine Chocolate! amnesty packs, which include free posters and care advice leaflets can be obtained by registering at

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Rabbit Sales Amnesty
Page 1 of 1