Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introducing the House Rabbit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Introducing the House Rabbit Empty
PostSubject: Introducing the House Rabbit   Introducing the House Rabbit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 1:41 pm

What is a house rabbit? Well quite simply, it is a rabbit that is kept indoors, in the family home, with freedom to move around, just like a cat or dog. Any pet rabbit can become a house rabbit, even one that has previously lived outdoors in a hutch. While some owners give their house rabbits a cage to live in when they're unsupervised, others allow their rabbits to be completely free-range, hopping about the home as they please.

You may be surprised to discover that keeping a bunny indoors, isn't something new - it has been known for years that rabbits are easy to house-train. However, the traditional idea of the pet rabbit in a hutch, which dates back to the Victorian times, is so established in our minds that many people are astonished when they first hear of rabbits happily roaming the family home and being successfully litter trained.

It also comes as a surprise to many that house rabbits have a much better quality of life than rabbits confined to hutches at the bottom of the garden. Keeping any animal as a pet brings with it the responsibility of providing the animal with the environment and care that meets both is physical and behavioural needs. Sadly, life in caged, solitary confinement meets hardly any of the fundamental needs of the domesti rabbit, no more than would keeping a cat or dog in this way.

The result is a bored and distressed pet.
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the House Rabbit   Introducing the House Rabbit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 1:44 pm

I think house bunnies are more friendly .... Burdock is out in the run first thing in the mornign back in at tea time and he uses his litter tray .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the House Rabbit   Introducing the House Rabbit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Pudding has free boing of upstairs when Nick is at home - she is a funny little thing, she will flop and lie down when she wants and then does a mad dash round everywhere - she has fitted in well with our crazy household.
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the House Rabbit   Introducing the House Rabbit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 6:49 pm

fab fab fab helen! i will always have a house rabbit... there's nothing like it... i just love my little buster so much 013 xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the House Rabbit   Introducing the House Rabbit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:05 pm

My Pudding is ace - she is currently lying down upstairs with Nick - he gets her out at 3.30pm when we get back from school and she remains free boinging until he goes to bed - she also has half an hour with me in the mornings - is this good exercise and interaction time and also, do you have your bunny innoculated Josie?
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the House Rabbit   Introducing the House Rabbit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:15 pm

this is my guilty bit... ive never had buster innoculated Embarassed mainly because when i got him i knew nothing about rabbits which was very stupid of me.... i did my research afterwards, but at least i have learnt my lesson... now i feel he is just too old to have them, i'm worried he will have a reaction to them... plus he lives indoors (even though that is a poor excuse)

i was saying to lou if i ever got another bun i would always have them innoculated, because if i didnt and they caught myxi i'd never forgive myself... and if i could turn back time i would have had buster done too xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the House Rabbit   Introducing the House Rabbit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:32 pm

When I had bunnies when I was a nipper they were not innoculated but now with the Myxi and VHD I think I might be better playing safe and getting them done as she will be going outside in a run as well x
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the House Rabbit   Introducing the House Rabbit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:33 pm

my future buns will be done 100% it's not worth risking... i do treat with reargurd to prevent flystrike xxx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the House Rabbit   Introducing the House Rabbit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:01 pm

I have never had my rabbits done before never really felt the need but will be doing some research on it . I will be having Burdock neutered .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the House Rabbit   Introducing the House Rabbit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:17 pm

snip snip burdock! xxx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the House Rabbit   Introducing the House Rabbit Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 9:21 pm

Ball-less Burdock!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing the House Rabbit   Introducing the House Rabbit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introducing the House Rabbit
Page 1 of 1