Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introducing myself!!!!

Go down 
+9
Elaine67
Josie
A M Y
Nikki
Melody
dovaston
Lou
Snufflehogs
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

Introducing myself!!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Hello!

My name is Melanie and I joined the forum yesterday. I'm 36 and I live in Stockport, Cheshire. I don't own a hedghog as yet, but I plan on getting one very very soon! I absolutely love the little things - they are just gorgeous! I already have a cat called Humphrey (she's a girl!) who is 10 and a hermanni hermaan (dwarf hermann) tortoise called Meldrew who is 2. I am very very excited about getting my hoglet. I hoping this will happen in the next few weeks. Razz bounce
Back to top Go down
http://snufflehogshedgehogs.co.uk
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 4:44 pm

Hey Melanie

Welcome to the forum ,love to see pictures of your Humphrey and your tortoises ..x

Enjoy the forumx
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
dovaston
Admin
Admin
dovaston

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Hello Melanie and welcome to our happy friendly little place xx
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:08 pm

Hey Melanie,

you will become very addicted to hedgehogs.. I promise.... I started out when I adopted Ernie in October... then I fostered Puddin' in December (I'm going to adopt her now), then I got my first baby in February - Little Miss Daisy Splat... last but not least I have Hope who I am currently fostering for our rescue.

Would love to see photies of your tortoise, love the fact you have a humphrey girl cat... nothing the matter with that!

Have you found out where you will be getting your new family member from yet?

Welcome to our happy friendly hedgehog family. Look forward to getting to know you.

xoxox
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi Melanie..welcome to the forum. where abouts in stockport are you from? i live in northwich now but I'm a burnage girl which is just on the stockport border..spent lots of time in stockport Very Happy

if i was you i would make lots of space because once you get one hoggie you will get another and another...very addictive xx

Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi!

I'm currently living in Heaton Norris.

I can imagine me wanting to get more! If we ever won the lottery I'd end up owning a farm and filling it with allsorts, hehe! x x
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:28 pm

Aaaaaah Melanie... is that a little piglet in your avatar with you? Soooooo cute!

xoxox
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Hi everyone!

Unfortunately no the piglet isn't mine. We recently went to Pennywell Farm in Devon and they were there. I'd love one but I don't have room for one. Small pets only! If I won the lottery I'd buy a big farm with lots of land and I'd keep allsorts, hehe!

I'm hoping to get my hoglet from Simply Exotic Hedgehogs as I really liked the look of them. You can tell they really look after all their hedgies and their babies. I want to make sure I do everything right. I've been looking into it for a few months, getting as much info as I can!

I've tried to post pics of Humphrey and Meldrew but there is a message saying I can't until I've been a member for 7 days. I will do it then. I love showing them off. I'm always boring my friends on facebook by putting ton of photot's on! x x
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:40 pm

Ooops - bad typing there!
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:44 pm

i was not a million miles from you then...i lived just near crossley rd.. my mum is still there..

the piglet is really cute..yep you can't go wrong with simpley exotics..i have two hoggies from Helen and also my two tenrecs.. her hoggies are all very spoilt and very well cared for xx
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:59 pm

I didn't realise that Simply Exotics were the people who ran this forum - even better!!! It's great to get recommendations too. I never buy animals from pet shops - I don't trust them so I like to make sure I'm buying from breeders with a good reputation. I travelled all the way to Essex to get my tortoise! Humphrey is from a rescue centre. Her mum was dumped outside when she was pregnant. She'd been horribly treated and was too scared to be rehomed, bless her.

Humphreys a timid little thing. She's wary of everything but she's also very gentle. Meldrew is a little tearaway! She's scared of nothing. She's got a purpose built play area which will double as a great play area for a hedgie. It will be great too because Meldrew will be ready to go to bed just as a hedgie will be waking up! She's usually goes to her house at around 6pm ish and then gets up again around 9.30am ish.

A spoiled hoggie is perfect because there will be much more where that came from when I get one! x x
Back to top Go down
A M Y

A M Y

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:50 pm

Hi Melanie, welcome to the forum.

I have a hoggie called Flake who I got in December. I also have a bearded dragon called Monty and a cat called Boo.
Back to top Go down
Josie

Josie

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 9:48 pm

welcome melanie i hope you enjoy the forum Smile xxx
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 9:27 am

I'm soooooo excited everyone. I'm going to meet the hedgehogs today!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 9:30 am

I shall look forward to meeting you later x
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 9:39 am

Oh Melanie... How exciting! I didn't realise you were going to Simply Exotic Hedgehogs, Helen is lovely! That's where I got my Little Miss Daisy Splat from and she is the most chilled out hedgehog, she hardly ever has her quills up!

You must ask Helen to tell you of our motorway hedgehog rescue adventure when we went to collect Puddin' together.... So funny!

Have fun...

xoxox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:14 am

Nooooo!! Still can see all the funny looks on peoples faces - on the plus side with me driving we did end up in the right place!
Back to top Go down
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:17 am

Oooooof! Rolling Eyes

I almost wet myself too....

xoxox
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:19 am

Don't worry Mel - packed some tenna ladies for our next venture x
Back to top Go down
Elaine67
Elaine67

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 10:33 am

Hi Melanie and Welcome.

You've come to the right place for all things hoggie!

ATB
Elaine
Back to top Go down
Snufflehogs
Admin
Admin
Snufflehogs

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 12:15 pm

I shall look forward to hearing all about it, haha! x x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 1:23 pm

Thats brilliant have a lovely afternoon .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 2:49 pm

And we did have a lovely afternoon, tenrecs, hoggies and desert hogs have all been out and all have been on their best behaviour, even Holly's little beanie boy has been introduced and if possible Tayer could you post what colour larry wheel's are available as well - one more for the next order.

xx
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 2:52 pm

ill post all colour is recommended sellers now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
janey

janey

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:23 pm

Welcome to the forum Melanie, I have 6 hoggies at the moment. They are addictive like everyone says.
My Beanie girl Luna is from Helen and she is such a credit to her. Can't recommend her highly enough!
Looking forward to your pics!

Enjoy the forum and anything you need to know just ask away! xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introducing myself!!!!    Introducing myself!!!!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introducing myself!!!!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next