Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Empty
PostSubject: Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:40 pm

This little one was brought to me by my friend Carys - hedgehogs routinely visit their garden but on this occasion, one of the doggies managed to find this little one - Carys managed to take the hoggie of Del the Dog but noticed that the hoggie was hyper-ventilating, so she made him/her comfy overnight - she did text and ring me but due to me falling over I was in bed - so first thing this morning, he/she was dropped off.

Virginia gave our hoggie a good look at and removed the long dog hairs from around the body as they can easily become wrapped round their legs etc - one tick was found and removed and after a very close examination, there were signs of blood on him/her along with some broken quills - this hoggie is very lucky, Carys intervened very quickly or it could have been a different story.

Our hoggie has superficial puncture wounds - he/she will be kept at Virginia's for a few days under observation before releasing. He/she is one of this year's babies, weighs 265 grams and will be independant from mum.

Virginia asks us is we have names in mind and for Nikki, this little one has been named in memory of Coco.

So, let me introduce Coco

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:40 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:55 pm

awwww beautiful..and a lovely thought, i think coco would approve xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:59 pm

I do to Nikki - think the hoggie was sent to us to help by her. All being well, this hoggie is one of the lucky ones and will be released shortly.

I must say Nikki, Virginia is stuffed full to the rafters, hutches have been prepared for foster carers to take to their homes, she has 3 three legged hoggies in at the moment, one that had a really bad injury on his forehead, she said the infection was that bad it looked like cheese and two of the teeny tiny babies I have seen - there really isn't a spare space and I am so very grateful she was able to take this little one in.
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:00 pm

ahhh good news x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs

PostSubject: Re: Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:19 pm

It is Tayer - one day I will get you up here and take you over to meet her - never fails to amaze me at the work that is done x
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:57 pm

That's brilliant , and Virginia and Gill do amazing work and this is why we help them .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

PostSubject: Re: Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 5:00 pm

It is, I would have been there last night but was in bed - Carys found this little one at 11.30pm - luckily, she knew what to do to make hoggie comfy for the night.
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 5:01 pm

beautiful hog! hopefully he/she makes a full recovery!! xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Have spoken to Virginia - Coco had puncture wounds and she has taken a little while to get over these and wasn't put any weight on - she was at 220 grams and has only just started to gain weight - she is at 265 grams now and will remain with Virginia until she reaches release weight xx
Back to top Go down
Nikki
Admin
Admin
Nikki

PostSubject: Re: Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 8:01 pm

awww poor coco..at least she is on the mend now xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 8:10 pm

She is in the best possible hands xx
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 9:13 pm

I have my fingers and legs crossed .
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue   Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Latest Rescue - Taken To Warrington Hedgehog Rescue
Page 1 of 1