Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hedgehog crossbow killer sought by Cambridge RSPCA

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Hedgehog crossbow killer sought by Cambridge RSPCA Empty
PostSubject: Hedgehog crossbow killer sought by Cambridge RSPCA   Hedgehog crossbow killer sought by Cambridge RSPCA Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 8:06 pm

Hedgehogs found dead in a park near a Cambridge school could have been killed by a crossbow, the RSPCA has said.

Inspectors were called to Cherry Hinton after residents reported more than 10 bodies, with marks suggesting an arrow had been used, and then removed.

In June 2011 a number of hedgehogs were found dead in the same location, killed in a similar way, a spokesman said.

He described the latest cases as "cruel in the extreme" and appealed to the public for information.

'Very disturbing'
One resident Tracy Okten, said: "We saw the hedgehogs had been treated in the same way as the ones last year.

"We found three bodies kicked into a bush and then another pile of bodies. I reckon there were about 11 hedgehogs in all.

"The ones kicked into a pile had been impaled. It looked like something had been pulled through them," she added.

Insp Richard Lythgoe, who retrieved the hedgehogs from the park, said: "I can't think how people can do this without a guilty conscience.

"To think that someone could be out there doing this for no apparent reason, and just to discard the bodies at the end of it, seems mindless really."

He added: "There is really no justification at all for killing a wild creature in this manner.

"They definitely would have suffered before they died.

"It's also very disturbing that a similar thing happened here this time last year.

"There is obviously someone in this area who thinks it's acceptable to attack animals in this way."
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog crossbow killer sought by Cambridge RSPCA   Hedgehog crossbow killer sought by Cambridge RSPCA Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 6:56 pm

Omg i wonder if they ever found them .x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog crossbow killer sought by Cambridge RSPCA   Hedgehog crossbow killer sought by Cambridge RSPCA Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:30 pm

Don't know, will have to have a look and see if I can find out
Back to top Go down
horsy

horsy

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog crossbow killer sought by Cambridge RSPCA   Hedgehog crossbow killer sought by Cambridge RSPCA Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:08 pm

cant even say what i think its too bad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog crossbow killer sought by Cambridge RSPCA   Hedgehog crossbow killer sought by Cambridge RSPCA Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 6:25 am

Probably the same as I am thinking Alison so I get it x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog crossbow killer sought by Cambridge RSPCA   Hedgehog crossbow killer sought by Cambridge RSPCA Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:20 am

that is disgusting, cant imagine how scary and painfull it would have been for the hedgehogs, really really sick person! should have it done to him/her WHEN they find him/her!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hedgehog crossbow killer sought by Cambridge RSPCA   Hedgehog crossbow killer sought by Cambridge RSPCA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hedgehog crossbow killer sought by Cambridge RSPCA
Page 1 of 1