Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Prickly-Critterz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eating kitchen towel?

Go down 
+3
Melody
Lou
luvlylillaurz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
luvlylillaurz

Eating kitchen towel? Empty
PostSubject: Eating kitchen towel?   Eating kitchen towel? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:11 pm

Hey,

Has anyone else's hoggies ever tried to eat kitchen towel? We had some in with Thistle last night and I saw her trying to nibble at it so I took it out. Then today, we tried to clean up some poo and as we did she grabbed hold of the kitchen towel and didn't want to let go.

xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.ornate-squamates.co.uk
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Eating kitchen towel?   Eating kitchen towel? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:13 pm

she maybe trying to bring it into her nest box ...Laura .. I personally havent had any of mine eating kitchen roll . Are you sure she is trying to eat it ?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Melody
Admin
Admin
Melody

PostSubject: Re: Eating kitchen towel?   Eating kitchen towel? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 11:38 pm

Hey Laura, when i was having snuggles with my Mushroom at Helen's the past two times, he has actually grabbed at the kitchen roll and started tugging at it. Maybe Thistle is just trying new smells etc out and as Lou says, she might just be trying to take it into where she sleeps.

My Litle Miss Disy Splat does this most nights now so I just give her a piece to play with so she doesn't keep dragging it out of her litter tray.

xoxox
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Eating kitchen towel?   Eating kitchen towel? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:44 am

she might just be playing laura as my thistle used to do it (till i stopped putting it in because i was worrying) she seemed to bite bits of and chuck them round xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eating kitchen towel?   Eating kitchen towel? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:50 am

Mushroom does indeed do this - usually it is as the are pulling it in to their nest box - try giving her just a piece to play with x
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Eating kitchen towel?   Eating kitchen towel? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:52 am

is it okay for them to chew it then helen? i was worrying so i didnt want to put it in but if its okay i will put it in again xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eating kitchen towel?   Eating kitchen towel? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:54 am

Paper is like eating hair or material so less likely to cause blockages - if unsure, put her wheel in a litter tray and use wooden cat litter pellets
Back to top Go down
Gaga

Gaga

PostSubject: Re: Eating kitchen towel?   Eating kitchen towel? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:58 am

ohhh Smile thankyou xx
Back to top Go down
pammie
Rescue Committee/Carer
Rescue Committee/Carer
pammie

PostSubject: Re: Eating kitchen towel?   Eating kitchen towel? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:00 am

Ha ha my paco does this sometime usually when dragging it in to his bed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eating kitchen towel?   Eating kitchen towel? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:00 am

They do like to drag it into their beds - clean or dirty - not fussy!
Back to top Go down
tayer
tayer

PostSubject: Re: Eating kitchen towel?   Eating kitchen towel? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:32 am

yep same as mine...drags it into the nest.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/PethauPigioghedgehogs
luvlylillaurz

PostSubject: Re: Eating kitchen towel?   Eating kitchen towel? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:34 am

She has got wooden cat litter anyway but if it is safe then she can have some to play with. She does worry me, haha! I will keep an eye on her, if she does eat it then it will be taken out again.

Thanks guys!
xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.ornate-squamates.co.uk
Lou

Lou

PostSubject: Re: Eating kitchen towel?   Eating kitchen towel? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:36 am

Glad we have put your mind at rest Hun x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003745145643&ref=t
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eating kitchen towel?   Eating kitchen towel? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eating kitchen towel?
Page 1 of 1